ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏʀᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ

-✨-

Park

From the corner of her eye, Sami noticed a familiar silhouette leaving the park as Daito approached them. She saw that he was holding a bag in his hand as he headed over to where she was sitting with Tyla and the boys.

"What's this?" She asked, giving him a questionable look seeing the bag in his hand.

Daito didn't say anything but only hold out the bag for her to see what was inside.

Sami opened the bag and removed the tissues first that covered the gifts. Inside the bag, she saw that there were gifts for the children and envelope written to her to read.

She inhaled the distinguished scent that only one person she knew wore that cologne since she was the one that brought it. As she looked at the letter and tear started to fall down her face.

The more that she gazed at only the envelope, the more emotional she became. Daito walked over to her and tried to console Sami but stop sensing that right now would be best if he left her alone to her feelings.

Daito grabbed the strollers with twin nestled quietly inside and called out to Tyla so they could go to the other side of the park.

Sami backed up to the bench that she once sat on earlier and open the letter to read it to herself.

After reading the letter, Sami tried wiping away the fresh tears on her face but they kept falling no matter what she tried to do.

She turned her head up to the sky hoping that there was a sign that could make all of this pain go away. But honestly, there was nothing that the sky could do for her. She couldn't go back knowing what happened two years ago and tried to change what she saw that day.

The wound was still freshly open and even looking at the children reminded her of that hurtful night. Sami sigh out loud as she pushed herself up from the bench, she put the letter back in the envelope and picked up the bag with the gifts inside.

She moved her eyes around the park until she saw Daito and walked towards his directions.

Each step she took was a step towards a new life, a brighter future and not wanting to look back at the past any longer.

Daito saw her coming and met up with half the way. He placed his arms around her waist and hugged her tightly.

"Are you okay, Sami?"

Sami pulled away from his arms and showed him a reassuring smile. "Yeah, I'll be okay."

~~~

I'm being nice