Glenn- Twenty-one

A/N A shorten but a gooden

It felt surreal to Glenn, sitting across from Nathan in a nice restaurant, eating pasta and talking about everything. Something about how Nathan looked, elbows propped up on the table, wearing a light blue polo shirt that made his eyes look amazing, made Glenn's throat close and his heart to flutter. He tried to ignore the feelings, tried to push them down, but it was hard, and Glenn kept finding himself lost in those blue eyes.

"So tomorrow we have two matches," Glenn said, and Nate stopped eating his breadstick to address this.

"Can we not talk about tennis?"

Glenn's eyebrows raised. "Nathan Daily doesn't want to talk about tennis?" He teased, and Nate rolled his eyes. "Alright, alright. So what do you want to talk about then?"

"You," Nate said after a quick pause before grinning. "Come on, Pearson. Tell me how you feel about Greg leaving. You haven't mentioned it, even though your phone keeps lighting up every five seconds with a new text message".

Without looking at his phone, Glenn flipped it over so it was face down on the table. "I don't want to deal with all of them right now. Greg keeps texting me about how to work a stove to make himself dinner, Jason keeps texting me about how mad he is at Greg, Grace keeps texting me about how she's going to take care of Greg so I don't need to worry, and Becca keeps texting me about how Jason is being whiney because he misses Greg and Greg won't answer his calls. I love them, but I can't handle them right now. It's exhausting".

Nate nodded and chewed thoughtfully on his breadstick. After a long moment, he spoke. "Why are you the one everyone goes to when they have problems?"

"Because I'm their mother, apparently," Glenn explained and Nate smiled a little. "No one wants to bother our real mom since she's tired all the time, so it all gets pushed onto me. I really don't mind it though. I'd rather they annoy me than her".

Nate hummed and twirled his straw in his glass of soda. Glenn thought it was nice to watch Nate eat like a normal person for once, not restraining himself in an attempt to be healthy. "And what about Katie?"

"What about her?"

"Well," Nate began thoughtfully, "are you still pushing for her and Greg or have you completely given up at this point?"

"Ah," Glenn dropped his eyes to his food and frowned. "That plan has been abandoned. According to Becca, Katie has feelings for my ex boyfriend's best friend".

"Will that affect your friendship?" Nate asked, somewhat timidly and Glenn shrugged.

"Don't know. Maybe. We're still in a group chat that Becca made, but it's a bit awkward ever since Katie actually met my ex and tries talking to me for him sometimes".

"Oh, so he still wants to talk to you?" Nathan asked, casually sipping his drink, but the intensity of his gaze told Glenn just how interested he was. Nate noticed Glenn noticing, because he sighed a little and set his glass back on the table before leaning toward. "Come on, Glenn. Tell me a little about him. You know, I'd love to meet him". Shaking his head, Glenn picked up and began to pull apart another breadstick. "Oh, come on, Pearson. I'd like to laugh in the face of whoever it was that was foolish enough to let you slip away".

Glenn snorted, his face flushing and he looked away. Before he had time to even think about how to respond to him, their waiter was beside their table, displaying an expensive bottle of champagne to them. "Would you gentlemen like to try a bottle of our best champagne?"

They shared a quick look before Glenn opened his mouth to correct the servers mistake, but Nathan gently pressed his foot against Glenn's calf. "Why not," Nate said, raising his eyebrows at Glenn.