Chapter 6: Wine

I was about to take a bite of my wonderful avocado toast, when a hand grabbed my wrist.

"Wait!" Yelled Sarah. "I didn't take a picture!"

"Seriously?" I asked arching an eyebrow.

"Look at it. The pancakes, the waffles and your avocado toast giving it a bit of colour. It's so instagrammable!" She waved her hands excitedly, placed all the plates closer to each other and began to take pictures.

"You're such a freak."

"Can we eat already?" Asked Nathan annoyed. "I swear to God if my waffles get cold-"

"Alright, alright, I'm done. You can eat." She began. "But if you hadn't take so much time with your hair before, you wouldn't be that hangry!"

"Stop glam shaming me!" He said offended.

We started eating and I glanced at my phone that was next to my plate. The screen lit up with a new text.  I grabbed it to see who it was. Unknown number.

i think it was something like this:

I didn't get it. Two seconds after, I realized they were typing again.

oh ace, eres perfecto!

My heart flipped at the realization of who it was and I couldn't stop the smile coming to my face.

"Why are you grinning like an idiot, who is it?" Asked Nathan pointing at my phone with his fork.

"It's nothing." I said letting my phone on my side and continued to eat. Sarah quickly grabbed it and unlocked it. Who the hell told me to trust my best friends and give them my code? I tried to take it from her, but she was quick to go through the texts. I gave up and took a bite of the toast after sighing. Her mouth went wide as she gasped.

"Who is it?" Asked Nathan. She handed him my phone.

"It's Ace, okay? It's not that big of a deal."  I said trying to ignore their reaction and focused on eating.

"Why does he say that?" Asked Sarah staring at me furrowing her eyebrows.

"He says I mumble things in Spanish when-"

Nathan laughed hard. "No way!" He slapped the table with his hand. "That's hilarious!"

Sarah laughed too and watched me with amused eyes. "Do you really do that?"

"Of course not! He only says it to tease me!"

"I bet you do, but you are not even aware at the moment." She said grinning. They were enjoying it so much.

"Yes, it's pretty understandable, it's like-" he paused to think for a moment, "it's like your instincts coming to you. Your mother tongue comes when you're angry, when you laugh too hard. It would be quite obvious if you spoke in spanish while doing it. It's a primitive thing." He chuckled.

"Okay, maybe I do. But I definitely did not say that."

There was a silence as we continued eating.

"So... what do you like to say?" Asked Sarah wiggling her eyebrows. I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, you like talking dirty?" Nathan faked a face of pleasure and started making weird sounds. "Oh sí, papito!"

"Oh my god Nathan stop it!" My face red as a tomato. "I don't know what I like to say, but you two will never find out."

I usually didn't have any problem talking about sex with them, but for some reason this was really embarrassing.