Chapter 18

The party was fun as it always have been. George brought some of the new products they were selling at the joke shop and let the kids have fun with it; Mrs. Weasley's food was good as always; Everyone was drinking the best ale there was – aside from the kids, who had juice; Charlie was able to see his brothers again and talked with them. The whole time, it was about fun and family. There were times when the others would be a bit awkward with Theodore's presence, but would just try to go with it for the sake of Charlie and Carina ("I still can't believe Nott's here." Ron muttered, which earned a pinch at the side from Ginny).

"You're quiet." Carina said as she approached Theodore, who sat at the piano chair. "Are you okay?"

"I am." Theodore said.

Carina handed Theodore a glass of firewhiskey, and he gladly accepted it. He lets his glass clink with Carina, the two muttered "cheers" before they drank the whole content of the glass.

"That's good firewhiskey." Carina said.

"We have something better." Theodore said with a teasing smile. "Charlie had me bring some of Norwegian ale for the event."

"Where is it?"

"I believe Charlie's trying to slip it in the drinks, so he mother won't notice." Theodore said.

"You two are evil."

"Presents!" Mr. Weasley called out.

Everyone gathered at the living room where the tree was and the presents were placed. Teddy sat in the middle of Elias and Ethan, and with them was little Victoire. George, who acted as Santa Clause, handed the presents to the children from them to unwrap; and Teddy opened all of his presents and was very happy with his lot, especially the one that Harry got him ("Seriously, Harry, a broom, again?" Carina raised a brow. "It's not a broom, it's just a replica broom – a toy!"), and when Teddy opened Theodore's gift, he was ecstatic to find a basket of sweets inside, which made Ginny and Carina glare at him ("It's Christmas." Theodore shrugged). After the kids had their presents, he gave the ones for the adults.

"Hey, it's for Nott from Charlie!"

Theodore turned to Charlie with a mixed look of amusement and annoyance.

"I told you not to get me anything." Theodore said.

"You know I never listen to you!" Charlie said. "Just open it!"

Theodore was handed the gift by Ginny. Carina took his glass and lets him open the gift. It was a scrolled parchment, Theodore reached into the box and opened the scrolled parchment. To his shock, he turned to Charlie with wide eyes.

"The Kohler's and my gift to you, mate." Charlie said. "Reach in the box, there's another one."

Theodore did as he as told and pulled out the other gift. It was a badge that he always saw Charlie and Viktor wore at the reserves.

"Seriously?" Theodore asked.

"You earned it." Charlie shrugged. "The Kohlers have been coordinating with the Scamanders for the past months, about the possibility of having Scotland their own dragon reserve... so wizards and witches who wants to be Dragon Tamers –"

"Dragonologists."

"—can be close to home. Viktor pulled a few strings at the Ministry, and they agreed, the only concern now is a good place to build it."

"Thank you, Charlie." Theodore said.

"Thank Viktor when you get back, that man loves you like a son." Charlie said. "Now is left is a good coat so you would actually look like a Dragon Tamer."