sweetheart

kuboyasu x reader

REQUESTED BY: @LastLightAlive

.

.

.

"I am not going on this death ride." You crossed your arms and turned away from your longtime boyfriend.

"(Y/N), I've been riding motorcycles for a long time!"  Kuboyasu persuasively moved his hands toward you. "I even have a license."

"How?! You can't even steer a bicycle!" You thought about the 'accident' you and Kuboyasu had when you were in your elementary school days. "And it had training wheels! Training wheels, Aren!"

"That was more than a decade ago." He ran a hand through his hair, moving his glasses. "But that's not the point, I can ride properly now."

"As if! What if we get in an accident?" You asked flailing your arms all over the place.

"I promise (Y/N) we are not going to get in an accident," He placed a hand on your shoulder.
"Please?"

You were thinking if you should reconsider, and you have to give this a shot.

"Fine. And where are we going?"
"You'll see." His voice trailed off when he started walking over to his beloved bike.

.

.

.

"I wanna go down, please stop." You hugged him even tighter when he made a turn.

"Don't be so scared, (Y/N)." He practically yelled over the noisy death bike. "Look up, dear."

You looked up and saw the beautiful lights from the city ahead. It was sunset, but bright and colorful lights were shown before you. You smiled over the scene, "It's so beautiful here." as you hugged him tighter.

"How does dinner by candlelight sound?" He asked looking back for a short time, admiring your smile.

"Sounds lovely," You answered sweetly. "And what's with the nicknames?"

"I don't know, I guess I like these cheesy nicknames." He smirked, his glasses glaring in the descending sun. "(Y/N), we're almost here. Get ready, sweetheart."

"I was basically born ready for anything."

"But I don't think you're going to be ready for what's coming next, (Y/N)." He thought, smiling like a complete idiot.

Enjoying each other's company in the fancy restaurant, you two went out of restaurant to notice it was nighttime.

"I'm stuffed!" You patted your belly a few times before the former delinquent chuckled at you. "And the food was so good!"

Aren adjusted his glasses before you continued.

"-the place was beautiful, the food was great, and I can't believe our waitress was our childhood friend! Who knew someone we spent so much time with worked in a beautiful place like that?"

"I had no idea." He finally choked out after you stopped talking.

Silence abruptly took over the two of you.

"Okay okay, can I go home now?" You asked in the complete silence that shadowed over you two. "I'm really really tired."

"Not yet," He took your hand. "I need to take you somewhere." He guided you back to the motorcycle.

"And where are we going?" You asked, climbing on to the bike.

"You'll see." He smiled cheekily as you cupped his cheeks with your hands.

"Fine then." You pulled away as he climbed on the bike.

"Just you know, we are going to be a few miles out of town."
"Aren, it's nighttime!"
"So? It doesn't mean anything because I can spend time with you."

"You're an idiot, Kuboyasu."
"But you love me~!"

You hopped off the bike, almost tripping. The atmosphere between you two was dead silent.

"What are we here for?" You asked, completely oblivious of your surroundings. Rocks, trees, and grass—I mean, something normal, am I right?

"Something," Aren rubbed his hands together. "Go up this hill."

You nodded, starting the long trek up the hill.

Ten minutes later, you were a wheezing and coughing mess. Kuboyasu was nowhere near tired.

"My legs," You whimpered. "It hurts."

"Want me to carry you?" He looked behind to see you bent down with your hands on your knees wheezing.

"Yes please." He picked you up bridal style and kissed your forehead.

"We're here now." He set you down.
"Do you know what I just realized?" You asked.

"What?"
"You could've rode us up the hill with your bike."

He chuckled heartedly. "It'll ruin it."

"Ruin what?"
"Look behind you." He gestured to the river at the bottom reflecting the close up moon behind you.

The moon was really close, as if you can grab it.
"This is incredible." You held up your hand and pretend to grab the moon.

"You know what's more incredible?" He asked, hugging you from the behind.

"What?"
"Guess!" He said playfully, you giggling.

"Uh," You decided to take the wildest guess. "We've been here before?"
"Correct!" He removed his arms around your waist, and your eyes gleamed.

"Really?"
"Yup." He walked a few feet behind you, but you didn't seem to notice.

"This scene is really gorgeous!"
"Not as gorgeous as you~!"
You blushed as you turned around to find Aren on one knee, holding up a diamond ring.

You squealed and covered your mouth to prevent little snorts coming out of you as he tried to keep back a laugh.

"(Y/N), if I never had met you on this little cliff, I would never had a reason to live." At this point, tears were escaping out of your eyes violently. "You're the only reason why I want to wake up each day, only to see you. You're sweet smile, glowing eyes, soft touch," Kuboyasu's face was tattooed with happiness.

"And you surround me with these feelings I never knew I would feel. Instantly being with you is a luxury, and I never felt so grateful. Will you marry me, (Y/N)?"

"Gladly."