Chapter 29

G A M E    D A Y

G A M E D A Y

      The locker room on game day was intense as it always is. Majority of the players were listening to music to get hyped and preparing to get on the field for warm ups. The usually chaotic atmosphere experienced at practices now filled with small chatter.

It's crazy how the days have gone by so fast. It seemed like yesterday I was flopping at the Super Bowl and booking it to Miami. This year is gonna be different—this is my year, I just know it is.

It was an two hours or so until the game. My anxiety was on a hundred today. Getting up from the chair in front of my locker, I begin to make my way outside to warm up and hopefully calm myself down.

Once on the field, I began to breathe a little easier. This was my element—my safe zone.

Signaling the training staff to pass me a ball, I begin to do quick passing drills with the trainers to loosen my arms up.

"Aye pass me the ball" Chris said. Many of my other team mates began to make there way onto the field for a pre-game warm up too.

Aligning my fingers with the lace of the football was second nature as I threw a quick pass to Chris. He caught that shit with one hand too—show off.

"Nice one" I said as he threw the ball back to me

"You nervous?" He questioned as he walked up to me

"Nah just a bit anxious. You know Nadia's coming to watch me for the first time so I gotta show out" I said with smile "go long"

"Speaking of Nadia, she got a sister?" He asks while running backwards

Signaling with my hands, I asked him to go further back "she does actually" I said raising me voice

"Well if she looks anything like her I might need to you to hook a nigga up" he says chuckling

He must be out his gotdamn mind if he thinks I'd do that. I mean yes he's one of my best friends, but I know him well enough to know he ain't the committing type. Imagine the hole I'd dig myself in with Nadia if I were to hook this damn fool with her sister and shit hits the fan?! I don't want those problems.