Chapter Twenty-Nine

The mall tour has been a blessing. Really, it has. It's been helpful in keeping my distance from Alexander. After I washed the alcohol-soaked teddy bear, I gave it to him and made it a point that I never want to see him again. Of course, he protested and started blabbering on. But while he's in a completely different state with Jen and Amandla, I'm with Josh and Jackie. We've literally been traveling different places every day, but it's been awesome. Everywhere we go, we meet fans and sign autographs and do tons of interviews. Jackie and Josh are really awesome too. The filming is done and while on the mall tour, the whole entire movie is in editing. It's amazing to just watch the trailer at the mall tours.

The only bad thing is that today we are meeting Alexander's group at the Mall of America. It's the last stop on the mall tour, but we still have to meet up with the group. After that, we are all free to go home and have a free to ticket to the premiere. And I'm really tired. We left New York early this morning and are now headed to Minnesota. I've slept on almost the entire flight, but Josh and Jackie woke me up.

"I'm going to miss you guys." Josh says from his seat.

"Aw, Josh." Jackie says while reaching over and pinching his cheeks. He slaps her hand away and readjusts his hat on his head.

I put my earbuds in and turn my music up all the way. I lean my head back and look out the window. My heart skips a best when something lands in my lap and I let out a yelp. Josh and Jackie burst out in laughter and I throw the balled up blanket off of me. I put my face in my hands and lean forward, taking several deep breaths.

"Are...okay?" Josh asks, interrupted by fits of laughter.

"Perfect." I say, still trying to catch my breath. "I hate you guys."

"No you don't." Josh says. "I'm sorry. I didn't realize you were scared so easily."

He and Jackie start laughing again just when the pilot says that we will be landing shortly. I take the glass of water that was sitting beside me and sip on it. Josh throws the blanket back at me but I just glare at him in return. He's not going to get me again.

I can see the ground below get closer and closer, and soon the plane bobbles on the ground. I stay in my seat until we come to a complete stop at the gate. Josh reaches up and takes my suitcase down for me. The three of us then walk out of the plane.

It must have leaked that we were landing here at this time, because fans are crowded outside and scream when they see the three of us walk out. We follow some security guards out of the airport and to the cab. We aren't even allowed to go back to the hotel room and have to go straight to the mall.

Once at the mall, we leave our luggage in the car and go backstage. I'm led directly into hair and makeup. It's weird that they make us do this before interviews, but I've gotten used to it by now.

After what seems like forever, they get my hair how they wanted and the light makeup touches to perfection before sending me into wardrobe. I love this part. They don't tell me exactly what to wear, they just have several outfits hanging up that I can choose from. I pick one out and change before strapping on a pair of sandals and meeting my group.

Josh, as he usually does, is wearing a white tee and a black leather jacket over it. We wait for Jackie, and she meets us outside a booth. We are then told to pick an interviewer and start answering questions.

A lady comes up and the three of us sit on the couch. She asks us the standard questions about the movie and stuff, and I answer as I normally do. When we're done with her, two more people interview us before the stagehands say that we have 20 minutes until we start. I step out of the booth and sit on a chair beside Josh.