Explanation

I was in horrible pain when I was brought back to awareness and that's when I realized that I was being carried and I felt like my body was on fire and I screamed in agony at my pain.

I was hurting and I screamed who ever was carrying me to make it stop and I kept screaming and screaming till after what felt like forever I think I passed out.

One thing was for certain I was not dead.

When I woke up I was on a bed a small twin bed but it was comfortable I looked to the side and there was a glass of water. I looked down at my body and my body was covered in something gooey which I sniffed and realized was aloe.

There was also bandaids lots of them I was healing I could feel that much but very slowly. Omegas didn't heal as fast as an Alpha or a Beta would. We were more fragile in that sense.

There was no one in the room with me and that made me feel on edge. Where was I? What was happening? Who had saved me? Why was I saved?

There were so many questions going through my head that I felt like my head was spinning.

Then the I heard the doorknob jiggle and then open and someone came in it was a male. An Alpha by the smell of it and that immediately put me more on edge.

He was tall and stepped into the room with his hands up as if to show me he meant no harm. He had brown hair he looked strong and powerful but also calm and was moving slowly as to not spook me.

He pulled up a chair that was in the corner of the room and sat by my bed but left enough of room so as to not alarm me.

"I'm Kim Namjoon" he spoke and I noticed his voice was deep but gentle and I felt less of a threat from him.

"Kira" I whispered and that's all I said

"I know you must have an enormous amount of questions which I will gladly answer for you"

I cleared my throat and spoke my voice squeaked "Why did you save me I wanted to die"

He looked alarmed at my answer

"Two of my pack found you and couldn't leave you and brought you back they couldn't leave you there they said you looked in bad shape"

"I was ready to die why did you save me" I had accepted my death I was ready for it was waiting for the white light and that bullshit

"They saved you and I agree we would never let anyone in your condition to die that's just not the type of people we are"

"We noticed there was bite marks and claw marks all over your body did you fight an Alpha"

I scoffed in anger "More like mauled I didn't have a chance to defend myself I didn't have an option but to take it and die"

"Who attacked you?"

"Why do you care" I asked skeptical

"Because what they did to you is despicable and disgusting and shouldn't be allowed to ever happen again" he said in his deep voice with an underlining of anger you could hear in his voice

"Yeah well where I come from that's pretty common" I rolled my eyes in my community that's the normal

"Where are you from?"

I sighed "Alexandria"

Just saying the name brought shivers through my body.

"The cult" he asked

I nodded and he clenched his fists.

"Who attacked you?"

"My betrothed" I answered with a sneer

"Why did he attack you"

"He tried to rape me and I outsmarted him and tried to run away but he phased and caught up to me along with some of the other Alphas and Betas from our pack" I spat out in anger at them, the whole situation I hoped they all payed for what they did to me.

"How did you end up in the river?"

"They decided they needed to wash my scent so they threw me into the river and left me to die"

"I'm sorry that happened to you and I know you probably might be skeptical about me and my intentions but I assure you I mean you no harm none of my pack means you harm"

I just nodded and looked at the walls

"I mean it when I say you are not in harm, my mate is an Omega and if anyone did to him what they did to you I would kill them"

Him he said him he wasn't straight and he was mated. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in. He had a mate he really didn't mean me any harm. That put me  more into ease.

"What was it like there? I only know what I have heard from others which is not good"

"Omegas aren't treated well there treated like slaves, property, only wanted for how much pups we can successfully bring to the world"

"What about you? How were you treated?"

" I was more sheltered because my father was a big name in our town in general. I think but he hated me hated me for being a girl, hated me for being an Omega. Hated everything about me because I couldn't take over his business so he offered me to the mayors so he could have more of a social standing in our town" I said and felt myself getting frustrated at the the fact that my father hated me that much that he hadn't cared about who I was marrying or if they were going to be good to me.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that but we aren't like that, once you recover you can decide if you want to leave or if you want continue your stay with us"

They were giving me a choice I felt so emotional at the fact I had options here I didn't even notice I had started crying I was probably scaring Namjoon but I couldn't help my emotions.

It was the first in my life I could make a decision that would affect me and I didn't know what to do but I guess I could figure that out along the way.

I smiled at Namjoon in thanks and he nodded back and smiled then smiled and left me alone to my thoughts.

If this worked out maybe this could be the fresh start I wanted.

Maybe I could start from scratch here and live a happy life here I just hope my mom is okay.