Cliche 1

GOOD GIRLS

Personally, I think this cliche deserves to be the first one to be addressed.

Good girls.

Those two words conjure up the image of a young female that could no wrong. But on Wattpad, this definition has an entirely different meaning, I'm talking about galaxies away from the meaning above.

1. This good girl, doesn't dress like a "slut".

2. She is always in a hoodie even if the story is set in the heart of the Sahara desert.

3. Wears glasses even though she doesn't need them. It's like she just wears them because it says on the good girl rule book that you have to.

4. Gets perfect grades even though there is no mention of her doing homework, studying or even paying attention in class. This might be fiction but that doesn't mean you have go overboard!

5. She is described as very well mannered and well behaved but we see her sneaking out to go to parties, getting drunk when she's only sixteen, skipping school with the "bad boy" (that is another topic all on its own), labeling people as "sluts" like there is no tomorrow! Where does it end?

6. She has a very eccentric, flamboyant best friend( again another topic on its own). The saying "opposites attract" is just that, a saying. You shouldn't take it so literally. You can't marry a fish, be best friends with a naked mole rat just because opposites attract! It is just not possible. The author just throws together two personalities that are worlds apart to add "humor".

7. She is beautiful but doesn't know it. One question: how? Unless she has a disorder, I don't see how that is even remotely possible. I mean there are mirrors, the occasional compliments, how on God's green earth don't you know?

8. She has a flock of hot, rich boys following her like flies follow three day old shit! This type of story usually starts with the girl being completely invisible until ONE boy pays her attention and boom, every single boy in the country wants her.

9. Her name is either something like Kaylee, Emma or something completely ridiculous like Rytushliya, I made it up and even I can't pronounce the name.

10. She has dead parents, they died in a car accident or were hit by a drunk driver, ALWAYS! Accidents are a serious matter but stories here use it so much that every time I read the line "My parents died in a car accident" I feel as if I couldn't care less.

Please vote to show your support, comment about cliches that you've noticed that weren't included and please follow me.

Thank you.