Chapter Nine

~Luna's POV~

After riding every roller coaster the amusement park had to offer, causing three public disturbances, getting kicked out of the arcade and winning enough giant teddy bears that Shigure and Ayame had to suffocate on the drive back, we headed for home.

"I can't believe we're not allowed in the photo booths anymore." Shigure sighed.

"Well genius, did you forget that it cycles the pictures of previous picture takers as advertising! I'm sure parents didn't like their children seeing you groping my chest!" I snapped from the front seat. I turned to glare at him in the process but my view was blocked by a mound of giant teddy bears. They were completely buried.

"I do believe it was because of the amount of violence you displayed in your pictures." Shigure chuckled as Hatori pulled into town.

"Is that Kyo and Yuki?" I asked as we drove past the two bickering on the street corner.

"Yuki!?" Aya cried and scrambled to peer out the window to no avail due to the amount of giant teddy bear's in his way. "Where?"

"Shall I stop?" Hatori asked with a smile. He'd been quiet for awhile now, something was on his mind.

"Please." I smiled.

Hatori pulled off to the side of the road and Aya was out the door in the blink of an eye. I watched in the side mirror as he attempted to tackle Yuki and got kicked away effortlessly. Yuki was still hurt over Aya's behavior in high school. He couldn't hold his grudge forever. Ayame was annoying at times, but no one could resist him, he was infectious. Shigure got out after a moment and went to join the group of three, leaving me alone with Hatori.

"What's up?" I turned to him expectantly.

"What do you mean?" He turned his dark olive green eyes to me.

"What's wrong? You don't seem as happy as you did this morning." I shrugged.

"I need to tell you something." He was watching me closely as if gauging my reactions.

"You can tell me anything, Hari." I slipped my hand in his and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

"I love you, Luna." Was this what he wanted to tell me? He told me he loved me all the time when we were younger, they all did. What was so different this time? Why did I suddenly feel it had another meaning?

The passenger side door swung open before I could respond and Shigure heaved me out of the car and swung me over his shoulder. "SHIGURE!" I squealed in a panic and attempted to squirm out of his grasp.

"Come on, we're joining Yuki and Kyo on a top secret mission, to kidnap Tohru!" He beamed.

"You have absolutely no shame." I giggled. "Sorry Hatori!" I waved as Shigure dragged me away and Ayame stole my seat.

In all honesty, I was sort of relieved Shigure had kidnapped me when he did. I wasn't ready for a confession of love, real love. Things were a bit steamy between Shigure and I of late, it wouldn't be fair of me to accept anyone else's affections.

Hatori and Ayame drove away and I felt heaviness in my heart and a sick feeling in my gut. I shouldn't have completely avoided his feelings like that. I should have said something. But what? In truth I did love all of them. Just, perhaps in different ways.