Chapter 21

"What?" I asked him. I had just woken up and my body was still sore. I hissed in pain but he didn't even say anything about it.

"How could you? Picking up the phone and not telling me?" He said. It was about the phone call from Kyle. I didn't tell him because I was scared, but he didn't need to know that.

"Why didn't you tell me?! None of this would've happened then! You would've been safe and wouldn't sit here and cry in pain" He yelled further. I took a deep breath and looked up at him.

"If you told me that you are in a gang, or whatever the heck that was yesterday, and that I had to be careful, maybe I would've told you" I lied, hiding my real reason. He looked at me with wide eyes for a second.

"I'm not in a gang" he said, this time softer. That made me confused. What was it then?

"Don't look at me like that, I'm not in a gang. I quit a while ago and that's why Kyle was so angry. We shared all the drugs and guns, along with the money and he wanted everything to himself" he said, making a little more sense.

"When did you stop?" I asked him, being curious. He said he quit a while ago, but he seemed fine with Kyle before.

"A few weeks ago. He was the only one mad, since we were in it together. The enemies were happy though, since one of the best leaders quit" he explained more than I even asked.

"Why did you quit?" I asked him. That made him realize that he was actually telling me things. He looked at me with wide eyes for a second before he turned around. He was about to walk away when I stopped him.

"You don't have to tell me things you don't want to tell, but at least tell me what it had to do with me. Why did he kidnap me?" I asked him. I stood up, walking towards him. I grabbed his arm, so he wouldn't walk away. He looked at it for a second before looking me in the eyes.

"Cause you are my wife and he thought that would've been a great way to blackmail me" he said, as if he was thinking that Kyle was wrong. I needed to know it.

"Do you agree with that?" I dared to ask. He just grabbed my hand, taking it off of his arm and letting go. He looked me in the eyes with a stern look.

"No" he said, an answer that I kind of expected. He then walked out of the door and closed it, making sure that the door made a loud sound that made me jump a little.

"Aisha, I also need to get flower" I said to Aisha. We were grocery shopping together. She didn't shop actually, she just helped me. I had called her for company since I was feeling really lonely after Aneel had left. I left him a note though, knowing he would freak out if I didn't. It wasn't a big trip or anything but it was still taking her mind off of Ibrahim. She told me that it was over and that she told her parents the reason and that they agreed on it. She didn't show it but I knew she was in so much pain. She didn't deserve it.

"Let me get it for you, so you won't need to turn with everything" she said and started walking to the other side of the supermarket. I looked around for a few other things when I saw a guy that caught my attention. It was the same boy I saw in the bus. He looked so familiar and I felt something inside me. Something I had never felt before. When I was about to walk to him without realizing, he looked at me. I stopped in my tracks and couldn't move when we connected eyes and it felt like he felt the same. Just when I was about to ask him who he was, he walked away in a hurry. I wanted to go after him, but something stopped me. Or should I say, someone.

"What's wrong?" Aisha asked. I shook my head and she nodded. We then finished shopping and went home. I was going to make dinner for Aneel and I. I just felt like eating a proper dinner rather than killing each other with our eyes.

I was stirring the soup when I saw Aneel entering the house. He came in to the kitchen and grabbed a sliced cucumber. He leaned against the fridge.

"Are you hungry? I made some food" I said. He just nodded. I grabbed the plates and started pouring the soup in both of them.

"How.. how are you? Did that guy do something to you? Did he touch you?" He asked. I looked up at him and smiled, reassuring him that I was fine.

"No, don't worry" I said. He just nodded before grabbing the plates from me and walked towards the living room.

When I placed the last things on the table, Aneel sat down and started eating. I wanted to ask him so many questions yet I didn't dare, knowing that he could snap. I just ate in silence, enjoying my favorite soup that my grandmother taught me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

What is your favourite scene of this story? Mine is when Aneel asked Sahra to read Quran and she squeezed his cheek.

Thank you guys for everything, you are just amazing and I love you all!

Final Editing Done (09-10-2016)