Chapter 57

(A/N) for the people who noticed that I re-uploaded chapter 56, I haven't changed anything majorly. I forgot that Jayden already knew something was up with Mark and Alex from that night in the woods. He doesn't know anything  else about it though, only that Mark is on Caleb's side. I also re-uploaded chapter 55, to change the word 'chef' to ' chief' :)
IMPORTANT!! I also changed two chapters (I don't remember exactly which one, but somewhere around 34-35) and the promise Alex made to herself about loving the person before giving herself to it etc. doesn't exist anymore, I completely deleted that from the story :)
Now let's get on with the story :)

Previously
"We love you too mom, but can someone please fill me in about the whole Mark-thing?" Jay eyes me in the mirror and I shrink back in my seat.

Great. Just. Great.

Now
"Okay, so you know about when Mark was with Caleb that night in the woods?"

"Yes"

"What more do you know?" I ask Jayden.

Right now we're placed at the dining table, both mom and Jayden there. I'm telling them everything they didn't know yet, from Disneyland to Mark.

"That he has something to do with Caleb and that he is after you as well"

I nod and ask my mom the same question.

"Same thing as Jay. And that he does not deserve a relationship with either of us"

I shrink back in my chair, "I'm sorry mom"

"It's not your fault Alex, don't you dare think like that." she smiles and takes my hand in hers

I tell them what happened in Disneyland and about the times when Mark was in our house. I also tell my mom about that night in the woods and about the police stopping by.

I suddenly know what I'm going to do.

"I'm going to the police station. I'm going to testify against Caleb and Mark"

"I'm proud of you darling" my mom says and takes my hand in hers

Jayden smiles relieved and takes my other hand is his.

"I love you both so much" I smile and then get up

"You're not doing this alone" Mom says sternly and gets up as well

"I'm coming as well" Jay says and I smile

"Thank you"
—————————————————————————————————
"The lawsuit is in four weeks on a Tuesday. We're going to find some more evidence against Mark and in the meantime we want you to come here three times for questioning, is that alright with you?" Marielle Winters asks me as we are sitting down in a small room with a table and a few chairs

I nod my head, "that's okay with me"

"You also need a lawyer, do you have one?"

I look at my mom, "Connor's father is one of the best lawyers in town. I have asked him already and he is more than happy to be your lawyer"

I smile at that, "thank you mom"

"Okay, that was all for now. Do you have any more questions?"

"What if Caleb or Mark tries something?" I mumble

"There will be two police officers in front of your house at all times until the court case. There will also be police officers at the front of the school, in an undercover car of course. Caleb will still be attending your school, seeing that we don't want him to suspect anything and go out of town. We advise you to always be with someone you trust, either your mom, brother, friends, partner or someone else. If they try anything, doesn't matter how small or big, you have to come to us immediately, okay?"