14 - Fjórtánda

After finishing up with our classes for the day we headed to the cafeteria where we were meeting Sven's friends and the Vingjar pack.

I could see Jordyn at the table too along with the others. She was still being her unkind self but it doesn't really bother me.

We were eating and talking about random things.

Kelyla nudged my shoulder from beside me and I smiled at her.

"Did Sven tell you?" she asked quietly so the others wouldn't be able to hear.

"About what?" I asked.

Is there something else he was supposed to tell me?

"About staying with the Liet?" she asked.

Apparently not.

"Well, yeah he did," I sighed.

"And?" she continued to ask.

"I don't know, Kelyla. I have so much on my mind and I just can't decide right now," I told her honestly.

"I wish I could say it was your decision to make but," she said.

I raised my eyebrows at her.

"Sven's just trying to make you come willingly," she said in a very quiet voice.

"What?" I said, absolutely shocked.

"Umm, they're actually orders and-"

She suddenly shrieked as I saw Sven put a hand on her shoulder.

"Yeah Rayne, these hashtag challenges are becoming so annoying, I mean-" she said hurriedly in a squeaky voice but was stopped by his angry one.

"Why don't you go sit with Starke?" he asked, his face gave away nothing.

I knew he was also upset with Kelyla for leaving the Liet to join Vingjar with Starke, where she was welcomed with open arms. But there was nothing that he could do about it.

"Okay," she said, and moved to sit with Starke who was talking to Kye and Carson. He smiled at her and made space for her to sit. Her worried face instantly calmed down and I could only imagine how wonderful it would feel like to be next to your mate.

"You didn't have to do that," I said to him as he took her place.

"I did. She could jeopardize the whole operation. I mean she's a great fighter, but she's great at spilling stuff too," he said as he ate his food, quietly.

"Why can't you tell me?" I asked.

"Not now. Not here," he replied.

"Then when? Where?" I asked.

"Tonight. You're coming with us." he said and got up again before I could counter him. He didn't even finish his food. I saw him give Alessio and Uriah a look before he turned around and walked away.

I turned to look at them and they just smiled at me.

"You know what? I don't feel like having this same lunch everyday. Let's get Italian," said Uriah.

"It's not even been a week since you got here," said Wyatt, laughing.

"What can I say? I'm a man of sophisticated taste," he replied.

"For today," said Alessio quietly and smirked.

It didn't take me long to figure out what they were trying to do.

...

"Stop following me!" I turned around for the last time and glared at the two.

"We're not following you. We're just headed to Milano's. What about you?" said Uriah.

The nerve of this guy.

I kept walking and soon enough I could see the familiar red and white striped sign of the restaurant.

I walked in to see Katryn waiting the table. She smiled at me when she saw me. I saw her gaze go behind me to see Alessio and Uriah come in with me.

"They're with you?" Katryn mouthed at me.

I just shook my head and walked to the back to get my apron on and tie my hair up properly.

I came out to see Sven's friends looking at the menu. As was my duty, I went up to them and asked them, "Your order, sirs?"

Uriah just laughed. There were tiny wrinkles on the corner of his eyes when he smiled.

"There's no need to call us that, Rayne," said Alessio.

I sighed, exasperated.

"What will you guys have?" I tried again.

I guess I shouldn't have asked. These guys literally just ordered half the menu.

I stared at them, confused.

"Do you plan to stay here all day?" I asked.

"Precisely," Uriah said, smirking.

I seriously do not need babysitting. And these guys? They have the mental age of five-year-olds and I doubt they're of any help to anyone, ever.

Harsh. I know.
But I am seriously pissed off.

I took their order to the back kitchen and recieved raised eyebrows from the head chef. I just shrugged and decided to work and pretend they weren't there.

Sure enough, by the end of my shift they were still chatting and eating with no care in the world and I had no idea what was coming tonight.

I didn't even know if I should trust them.

All of them.