Two Left Heels

Part Eleven

"Welcome," Seokjin spread his arms wide, with a graceful smile on his lips as he greeted the group of the Academy's Elite

"Welcome," Seokjin spread his arms wide, with a graceful smile on his lips as he greeted the group of the Academy's Elite. Each was dressed in an elegant tux or suit, excited or nervous to attend the prestigious event. Jin glanced over to the orchestra - oh ya, there was an orchestra - and the celloist strung out the first note as the room erupted in applause. Jin called out each member of the Courts by name as the former princess met with their former guard for the very first dance before disbursing. Taehyung had yielded Jimin's dance to Jungkook upon the younger's request, though he didn't stay in the room to watch. Jungkook was happy to see Hoseok wasn't here yet either.

Jungkook offered his hand to Jimin, his breath catching with every glance at the beautiful princess. Jimin shimmered brighter than the stars, and in the dim golden ball room, the boy was simply radiant. His lips were painted a tame red, with pink glittering around his eyes making his skin look almost pastel. "You're beautiful," Jungkook heard himself breath out as Jimin's hands wraps around his own to begin to dance.

The music swept the two away, and for a moment it was only Jungkook and Jimin in an empty ballroom, the only beat coming from the sound of their hearts

The music swept the two away, and for a moment it was only Jungkook and Jimin in an empty ballroom, the only beat coming from the sound of their hearts. Jimin could hear each of Jungkook's breaths, and Jungkook could feel the smaller's pulse racing through his wrist. Jimin let out a giggle, his eyes shutting sweetly as his cheeks displayed a brilliant pink when Jungkook lifted his body up to spin. It was impossible to tear his gaze off of Jimin, and he knew everyone in the room felt the same.

"I have something for you," Jungkook whispered into Jimin's ear as the music slowed. It made shivers run down Jimin's spine, willing to do anything to keep listening to Jungkook's voice. It was likely honey, dosed in a drug Jimin couldn't get enough of.

"New shoes?" Jimin joked, earning a playful glare from the brunette.

"No. Socks."

"Socks?"

"Fuzzy socks."

"But I thought-"

"I felt bad for making you lose the ones Jin gave you. You were genuinely happy - and I ruined that. I bought a new pair but I'm not sure if you'll like them. They're yellow with blue ducklings at the top. I know you really love fuzzy socks and God Jimin I'm really sorry for -"

"You're adorable when you tangent."

Jungkook laughed, pulling Jimin closer into his chest as they danced, making the smaller yelp and look up at him with wide eyes. Jimin bit his lip, feeling his heart beat race. Jungkook cocked his head as he held Jimin tighter, "Call me adorable again, little one." Jungkook growled seductively. The words melted Jimin into complete submission, but Jungkook's eyes stayed playful making Jimin blush.

Jimin swallowed, looking - well anywhere that wasn't Jungkook - as Jungkook chuckled out happily with a grin and let his hold loosen. Neither noticed that the song ended until Jungkook felt a light tap on his shoulder, making the pair stop in their tracks. Jimin's gaze fell onto the student, his mouth gaping slightly.

"May I cut in?" Hoseok asked with a smile. The guards are only allowed one dance as per tradition, so as much as Jungkook wanted to say fuck off, he could only nod and step aside as he watched some else string their finger's in Jimin's own, and pull him away.

>>><<<>>><<<

>>><<<>>><<<

"I didn't see you when the gates opened, Hobi." Jimin mumbled, tilting his head at the older. Hoseok smiled, bringing a hand to Jimin's cheek - watching the way that Jimin hesitated to lean into it.

"I know, my little prince. I'm sorry, I was running late," Hoseok countered, making eye contact with Jungkook as he slid his hand slightly lower down Jimin's back as they danced. "I haven't seen you around as much anymore, I've miss you." Hoseok spoke softly, only for Jimin's ears.

Jimin blushes wildly, looking around to see if anyone - well really Jungkook - heard. He tilted his head at Hoseok, choosing to rest his head on the crook of the older's neck where it meets his shoulder to hide the fact that he was having trouble keeping the panic from his expression. He had feelings for Hoseok - sure - but it was more because Hoseok had always taken care of him than anything romantic. Jimin never gave it a second thought, never wondered if it could - should - ever be anything more than that.

Apparently, Hoseok had.

"I'm saawy," Jimin mumbled quietly as he felt Hoseok's chest bounce through a chuckle. He felt a hand run through his hair, and Jimin couldn't help but remember the way Jungkook's fingers felt so much better in it. The thought made him feel sick inside. Everyone ruffled his hair. He shouldn't have preferences. He's the school princess, he can't have favorites.

Not until his term was over, anyway.

The two boys danced in silence a little while longer, and Jungkook could feel nails dig into his skin as he watched. Jungkook knew he should be helping the others cater, but the image before him felt so wrong. Every one of Hoseok's movements were meticulously placed in the seconds he knew Jungkook would see them. Jimin completely unaware.

Jimin looked up at Hoseok, trying to muster up some type of - well really any - courage. "Hobi Hyung," Jimin started timidly. Hoseok broke into a large smile and Jimin shifted his eyes to Jungkook before placing them back on the older, "I care about you but-" Jimin swallowed, "-but you know I can't -"

"Can't what baby-"

"I can't be your little prince anymore."

>>><<<>>><<<>>><<<
A/N - Who watched bachelor in paradise? So glad the Tia drama is done 🙏🏻 and Leo?? Wtf you doin to grocery store joe?? Oh and don't get me started on Jordan. I'm cheering for him but at the same time...dude's got issues

dude's got issues

- Vio 🌷