*The Idiot's Lantern*

!EDITED!

A/N: was 8752 words, is now 11861! Enjoy! :D

It's been about a week since Mouse left and it was my birthday

It's been about a week since Mouse left and it was my birthday. I was sad that my best mate wouldn't be here for it but I couldn't help but be excited. The Doctor was taking me to see Elvis perform live!

Rose and I were waiting for the Doctor outside the TARDIS - her in a mid-calf pink sequin dress, waist-length moto jacket, black fishnet tights, pink heels, and she had her hair in a bun with a pink headband. "I thought we'd be going for the Vegas Era," Rose comments, looking around. "You know, the white flares and the-'' she growls seductively. "-chest hair," she smirks, sending me a wink as I laugh.

The Doctor pokes his head out the TARDIS door, "you are joking, aren't you?" he asks indignantly but I was paying more attention to his hair - it was gelled back and my fingers twitch at my sides with the want to mess it up again. "You wanna see Elvis, you go to the late 50s! The time before burgers!" he disappears back inside the TARDIS and I blink, folding my arms with a light blush. "When they called him 'the Pelvis' and he still had a waist!" he calls, making Rose and I giggle. "What's more, you see him in style!"

I frown, turning to the TARDIS at the sound of an engine. The Doctor rides out on a TARDIS-blue scooter with a sidecar - wearing a white helmet and big sunglasses - and Rose and I burst out laughing. He stops in front of us, "you goin' my way, dolls?'' he asks, putting on an Elvis impression.

"Is there any other way any other way to go, daddy-o?" Rose smirks in an American accent, slipping on a pair of pink sunglasses.

"Straight from the fridge, man!" I giggle in an American accent, walking over to the scooter with Rose and slipping on a pair of black sunglasses.

''Hey, you girls speak the lingo!" the Doctor beams, tossing Rose a pink helmet and me a black one.

The two of us put our helmets on and I sit on the back of the scooter, wrapping my arms around the Doctor's waist. Rose gets into the sidecar and I've no idea how she manages to fit her dress in. "Yeah, well..." she smiles. "Me, Lizzie, and mum - Cliff Richards movies every Bank Holiday Monday!"

''Ah, Cliff! I knew your mother'd be a Cliff fan!" the Doctor laughs, driving off.

"Where exactly are we going?" Rose asks curiously.

''Ed Sullivan TV studios!" the Doctor smiles. "Elvis did 'Hound Dog' on one of the shows and there were loads of complaints," he explains. "Bit of luck, we'll just catch it!"

"... and that'll be TV studios in, what? New York?" Rose asks, sounding as if she were trying not to laugh.

I look around, snorting quietly when I see exactly where we are. Oh, Doctor... I smile, leaning my forehead against his back.

"That's the one!" the Doctor exclaims happily but stops the scooter and I look up, giggling when a double-decker bus drives by.

"Digging that New York vibe!" I tease as the Doctor's face falls and Rose leans back, bursting out laughing.