Chapter 43

"One glance her way and his heart melted right away."

A glow of bright orange filled the room and Aahana yawned, feeling a little cold and lonely

A glow of bright orange filled the room and Aahana yawned, feeling a little cold and lonely. It was like any other day but it was different. For the first time in months, she wasn't wrapped in Atharva's arms nor was she cocooned in his scent, and to say she missed him would be an understatement.

She sat up and stretched as she glanced at the time which showed 8:00 am. She'd slept in longer than usual but that was because she didn't get any sleep at night. She could only worry about him; if he was doing okay.

The door opened and she looked up to find Atharva slide inside and take a seat beside her with a huge smile.

It was breathtaking and it made her heart flutter wildly. She blinked quizzically and rubbed her eyes. He was indeed present in her room, freshly showered and ready for office.

"Good morning," Aahana mumbled slowly.

"Morning,"

She was shocked when he leaned in closer to her face and nudged her nose with his.

"I was thinking," He drawled, pressing his lips to her forehead. She didn't know if sparks and butterflies were real but she could feel his warmth like the breath of the sun. Atharva never initiated any moves. He was just so tense most of the time. So this was surely not what she'd expected in the morning.

"Mhm?"

She ran her fingers through his hair and he gulped nervously as his eyes met hers. "Go on a date with me."

She was speechless. Dumbstruck. For a second she thought she had misheard him but when he stared at her expectantly, hope shining in his eyes, she knew her ears weren't ringing. All she could do was nod her head dumbly as a bright smile made its way onto her lips.

She felt ecstatic and happy. He didn't ask her nor did he order. It was just a statement but his voice was thick with emotions, so how could she ever deny him?

"And, I apologise for yesterday. I wanted to be left alone but I realised I can't stay without you."

Aahana's breath hitched and she held his hand in hers giving it a light squeeze. "It's okay. It wasn't easy for me too."

"Alright, get ready tonight." With that said, Atharva left for office and he couldn't help but curse himself on the way when he came back to his senses. He didn't know what he'd thought when he'd asked her for a date. He had gone to her room just to apologise for his behaviour the previous night. He'd made a grave mistake leaving her alone and he was punished when he couldn't sleep without her presence. And today, seeing the innocent beauty made him change his mind and now he had no idea what date exactly meant. He had no help and he felt like beating himself. He remembered saying to her he never did romance and dates. Bullshit.

He just had few hours to do all the arrangements but he didn't have any plan. He was inexperienced when it came to expressing his love, for she was his first in every damn thing.

He knew he had to make her happy but how was he going to do that?

"FuCk!" He groaned, his finger tapping on his office desk.

Time was ticking and here he sat, quite useless and deep in thought, absolutely blank. He could use the internet and copy-paste something cliche but he wanted to add his own input and hard work for her.

There was a knock on the door and he bit out a come in. Pranav burst in with a puzzled look.

"I want to ask you few things," Atharva spoke cooly when inside he was sweating. Had he known it was this difficult, he'd have kept his mouth shut.

He nodded. "Y-yes, sir."

"What does one do on a date?"

Pranav blinked, "Sir?"

"You heard me."

"Uh sir, they eat, talk, eat, talk some mor-"

"It sounds like a business dinner to me. Easy enough." Atharva grumbled.

"No sir, it's not easy. If the girl isn't impressed, you lose her."

"Is that so?"

"Yes sir. Date is very important to win a girl's heart. A huge step towards a successful relationship."

But Aahana was his wife already, he didn't have anything to lose, did he?

"Have you been on one?"

"No sir."

Atharva threw him a glare. "So on what basis are you giving me the suggestions?"

"M-movies sir."

"You can go."

"Trust me, sir, I know it perfectly. You can ask Kritika."

Sighing, he nodded. "Alright, call her in."

After few minutes, Pranav entered inside with an equally puzzled Kritika. Pranav nudged Kritika and she threw a glare his way before facing Atharva with an audible gulp.

"Yes sir, he is partly right." She wrung her fingers nervously as she glanced around and back at Atharva. "Date is about getting to know your partner, enjoying the time together, and having casual talks. Eating is just a part of it. At the end of the day, you two must be happy."

"Thank you, kritika. You seem to know a lot." She blushed at his comment. "Do me a favour?"

"Me?" She squeaked.

"Yes, buy the best dress for Aahana ma'am, and send it to her." He handed her his credit card. "Don't worry about the money."

Her eyes widened and she hastily took the card, nodding vigorously. "Yes sir. I'll do the best sir. Thank you, sir."

Atharva nodded and looked at Pranav who was gaping at him. "Close your mouth and listen to me, carefully." Pranav nodded and scribbled the notes as Atharva started to explain what he wanted for tonight. "You may go now. I want it to be perfect."

"Okay, sir."

He smiled to himself as he thought of their date night. He wanted her to be surprised and he knew he was ready for it. After whatever she did for him, always supporting him in everything, he had to treat her like a queen. She deserved every ounce of happiness and he'd make sure to make her smile every day.

Please don't forget to vote and comment. ❤