Vol 2 Chap 40

XH 40

"Where did the Third Prince gone to?" Xiao Hua was curious and since she could not train in her state now, she decided to indulge in gossiping.

Tian Chi had left to deal with stuff, leaving Tian Zi to smear the medicine on her. She was careful to rub the medicine over Xiao Hua's red and swollen right wrist, at the same time trying to massage the swell to make it smaller.

They do have some pill to heal injuries, but they were usually used to heal stab wounds, poison or deep cuts. To eat a pill just for a small sprain was overkill.

"Master went to a hunting game with the Second Prince and Crown prince." Tian Zi's gossiping side was kindled and turned her bright gaze to Da Bei, who was standing silently at a corner, half hidden by the shadow.

"Where's Da An? He should have been back with Sir Lau Liu."

Da Bei stared at Tian Zi without saying anything, and after a minute, he turned his neck to the direction of the courtyard's entrance. He could sense his twin was approaching him. Lesser than a minute, a blur of black rushed over and stopped beside Da Bei. When he noticed his twin and the two inner maids staring at him, his ears turned red.

"Da An! You come just at the right time!" Tian Zi grinned. "Are you free for a moment?"

"Yes...Elder Sister Tian Zi."

"Elder Sister Hua has some questions, so Da An, do your best to answer them."

Tian Zi, are you not pushing all the blame on Xiao Hua if they were scolded for being nosy?!

Da An stared at Xiao Hua with earnest eyes. "I will try my best to answer all your question, Elder Sister Hua."

Xiao Hua feels as if she had been forced to participate in a crime. Le XiaoTing had gossiped before, but never once did she feel bad about it!

"Elder Sister Hua wants to know what happened during the hunting game that delayed Master's return," Tian Zi 'helpfully' repeated the question on behalf of Xiao Hua.

Da Bei, another party that knows Tian Zi's plan had automatically become an accomplice when he chooses to remain silent. He actually wanted to know what happened as well.

"Second Prince's consort followed him to the hunting trip," Da An revealed. "She had gone missing for half a day before she was found."

From the way Da An speaks, Xiao Hua could see that he was the more talkative twin.

"Why would a future candidate consort join the hunting trip that only consists of Princes?" Tian Zi's eyes flashed with disapproval over the heroine's behavior. Even if the Second Prince insists on Miss Liu to be his consort, the Second Prince might change his mind as long as the date had not been set.

"It was the Second Prince that insisted on her following along. She's a good hunter based on her skills."

Now that she thinks about it, Le XiaoTing remembered that in the novel, there was an event where the heroine and hero went on a hunting trip. The Crown prince and the Emperor were there too, except for the delicate Third Prince.

"Duke Heng?" Tian Zi frowned. "Why would he be there?"

Xiao Hua blinked her eyes for a few times to clear her mind and pay attention. She had missed out on some conversation but when Tian Zi said 'Duke Heng', Le XiaoTing immediately knows who that person was!

Duke Heng was the second male lead that the heroine will meet for the first time during the hunting trip when she had accidentally separated from the group. The second male lead had seen her fearsome skills when she killed a pack of fierce wolves in the hideout she had accidentally stumbled upon.