B O N U S C H A P T E R ~ 3

Adalynn's POV

"Where are we going?" I ask, looking out the window.

"It's a surprise. Just let me spoil my girlfriend." Ashton says proudly.

I grin and squeeze his hand that's resting on my thigh. We enter a long line into a field, and I look around. What do you think this event is about? There are a ton of people here.

We're guided to our parking spot, and Ashton parks the car. I raise my eyebrow and continue to observe the crowd. Ashton opens the door for me, and I follow him to the car's trunk. He grabs two foldable chairs, a few blankets, and a picnic basket.

"Do you need any help?" I ask, placing my hand on his chest.

He looks down at me and just smiles. He places a soft kiss against my lips and locks the car. "Do you want to carry the blankets?" He asks, giving me the lightest load.

"Yes," I say, glad I can help him. He reaches for my hand, and I wrap my arms around his arm.

We get in line for registration, and Ashton hands the worker some papers when we get to the front. He gives me two golden tickets, reminding me of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

I read the tickets, and it says one lantern and where we are. I glance at the following table we have to go to and see they're handing everyone paper lanterns.

I gasp and turn to Ashton. "Is this like a lantern festival? Like in Tangled?" I ask while we're walking.

He grins and nods. "Surprise! I thought you deserved to feel like Rapunzel." He says cheekily.

"You make me feel like a pampered princess every day. Thank you for being my Flynn Rider." I say, tippy-toeing to kiss him.

We pick a spot near the middle, and I can't stop smiling. I help set up our seats, and Ashton opens the blanket for us to lie on. We sit by each other, and Ashton wraps his arm around me.

The stage at the front announces that we're going to release the lanterns soon, and Ashton and I open our lanterns up. We move around to get air inside, and Ashton helps me light my lantern.

I pose for a few pics and then turn around to watch the lantern fly away. I turn back around and see Ashton on one knee. My mouth drops open, and I ask, "Are you fucking with me?"

I notice his lantern has writing on it and read, "Will you marry me?"

"Lynn, I can't imagine a future without you in it. You are my anchor in this world, and I am thankful I get to wake up with you in my arms every day. You are my soulmate and my home. Adalynn, will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?" He asks.

"Yes!" I shouted, launching myself into his hold.

He lets out a shakey breath and cups my face. "I love you so much." He says, a tear trickling down his cheek.

I wipe it away with my thumb and whisper, "I love you, Ashton."

I feel my eyes form tears of joy, bringing him in for another kiss. He pulls away to slide the ring on my finger, and I admire it with the light from the lanterns.

"Do you like it? Um, the jeweler said we could modify anything you want to change

"Do you like it? Um, the jeweler said we could modify anything you want to change. Or completely change the whole thing if you hate it." He says, laughing nervously. I fucking love it! 

I cup his cheek and say, "I love it. It's perfect. You're perfect. I appreciate all the work you put in for this."

He leans forward for another kiss, and I happily give him one. "I have one more surprise." He says, doing a quick whistle.

I squeal when I see my parents, his parents, Ella, and Zane. "You're going to give me a heart attack with how full my heart feels," I say, excitedly hugging Ashton.

"It's my job to spoil my fiancée." He murmurs near my ear.

We stand back to greet our family, and I hug my parents. "You're here!" I say excitedly.

"Ashton flew all of us out. He's been planning this for months." My mom says.

"I'm glad you guys are here," I say.

"Congratulations!" My dad says to both of us.

"Thank you," Ashton says, wrapping an arm around my waist.

After speaking to Ashton's parents, I squeal to Ella, and she gives me a tight hug. "I'm fucking engaged!" I shout.

"Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. You two are truly meant for each other." She says.

"We're both about to get married!" I say joyfully. "Thank you for being there for me all these years."

"Hey, you're my sister. We will always be in each other's lives." She says seriously.

"I love you," I say, pulling her in for another hug.

"I love you too." She says, rubbing my back.

I return to Ashton and wrap my arm around him. While everyone is catching up, I glance at him, and he meets my eye.

"I love you. Thank you for everything." I say, only so he can hear.

He kisses my forehead and says, "I love you, and I can't wait to marry you."

"You're locked in now," I say, faking an evil voice.

"That's the plan." He says with a nod. "High school me knew this was for life."

"Good. I don't touch just anyone's motorcycle." I say.

He laughs, remembering our first encounter. "Technically, I didn't know it was yours. Nevertheless, I was meant to meet you." I say.

He pulls me into his chest, and we continue to admire the lanterns floating up into the sky. As long as Ashton is by my side, I know we can handle anything.

<~~~~~~~~~~>

I couldn't let go of this duology. So to tie everything together, I needed a Tangled-related chapter!

I attended a lantern festival and thought my characters would love this experience! It's my dream to get proposed to something like this! (Don't tell anyone, lol 🤭)

Again, thank you all for sticking with me and my work! 💖

Byeeeeeeeeee! 👋