the moon and the sun

Enjoy guys!🤍

"Live life to the fullest, and focus on the positive."—Matt Cameron
———————————————————

Chapter 23
<——————————————->

I peered behind the oblivious girl, who was too busy eye-fucking Kade to notice me.

"Nine tattoos?" she asked in disbelief, leaning over the counter to get a closer look at Kade.

Kade flicked his eyes over to my stiff being, nodding once. My body jump-started at the signal he gave off, and I bit my lip in anticipation.

We had formed a quick, sloppy plan that seemed to make sense, though I was still nervous. There was no security in the front of the building, which made it all possible.

The plan consisted of Kade walking in through the front door, while I came from the exit, and snuck behind the front desk receptionist to get the keys. We agreed on going to the roof of the building, where no one could possibly spot us. 

His attention redirected to the girl. "Yep, nine," he responded.

She wrapped a couple strands around her finger, slightly pushing her breast out as she smiled. "Wow, and your name was Kade, right?"

She leaned forward, and placed a manicured, pale hand on top of his. Immediately, I felt that tug urging me to remove her hand. I erased it in a heartbeat, let the damned girl deal with him.

Kade's eyes fell to the girl's hand on top of his, his disgust poorly hidden on his face. I had to bite back a chuckle at his expression.

I scanned the title of the keys carefully, overlooking too many to count. I had to be careful and quiet, but I did have the advantage. It was far easier than anticipated since she was too engulfed in Kade to notice me.

I reached for the key, and once I pulled it off the hook, the remaining keys rang out in retaliation. My eyes widened, my heart skipping a beat at the sound.

Yep, game over. I'm going to get caught, I'm going to jail, dad is going to—

Kade caught notice of my mistake, and quickly came to my rescue. Hooded eyes jumped from me and back to the audit. His fingers tipped the girl's chin toward him, a dimple coming into play.

From what I could see, the girl was practically melting in his hands. "You have real pretty eyes, you know," he said to her, leaning closer to her lust-stricken face.

"Really?" She beamed, obviously liking the attention. Her hand curled up one of his arms, squeezing. "You know, I don't get off until later, maybe we can hang out—"

I raised the key to show him that I had finished my part in the mission. Discreetly, I shoved myself behind the corner in order to hide myself from the employee.

His eyes caught mine immediately, nodding once. "Shit. You know what, I'm really not into blonds anyway," he mumbled, lifting himself from the counter.

I saw her shake her head. "Oh, but it-it's not natural—" she began before Kade walked from around the counter to meet me.

I held my breath on the way up the stars of the hotel. Security could pop out any minute if we weren't careful, and that was the last thing I wanted.