Chapter Seven

Bendy's POV

Walking across the center of the park, Charlie told me more about the parks history. He told me all about the fun rides, the statue of Mickey and his creator Father Disney, and everything about the amazing animatronics that brought the parks together; apparently his dad helped build some of those bad boys too! Charlie's eyes were sparkling with inspiration as he spoke. It was so nice to be able to experience the happiness of a child. I wish my pals and I could've brought children happiness just like that mouse and Father Disney....

"So, Stitch's Great Escape shouldn't take too long," Charlie was saying, "but we're gonna have to be quick with searching for Mickey. Mama likes to get lunch after the parade, and she'll worry if we're late,"

"What do I talk about with her over lunch? I gotta feelin' your mom's the conversationalist type," I said.

Charlie chuckled before scratching his neck. "Yeah she kinda is. We'll figure it all out when we get there, ok?"

We approached Tomorrowland and my eyes went wide. This place looked exactly the way I always envisioned the future! Everything was silver, there were rockets everywhere, and the coolest looking shops and rides. I was so dazed with amazement that Charlie had to drag me a little.

"C'mon, the rides just over..." he trailed off. His gaze was facing toward a small crowd of people a few feet away.

"Charlie? What is it?"

He grabbed my arm tightly and pointed over to the crowd at one person that seemed to be the center of attention. It was a young man with an old fashioned look; older than me! He had a big grin and wore red, and he was flexing his muscles for some kids and signing autographs.

"Look at that guy," Charlie said, with tension in his voice.

"Who is he?"

"Gaston, the villain from Disney's Beauty and the Beast 1991. He shouldn't be in Tomorrowland, he should be in Fantasyland, somewhere around Belle and Beast!"

"Another awol Cast Member?" I looked at Charlie.

He didn't answer. That Gaston character was looking our way and making that cheesy grin as he waved, as if wanting us to come over. Charlie had an anxious face and he started walking away from the man with me in tow.

"Bendy, I'm not liking this," he said.

"Yeah, me either,"

"One out of place character is one thing, two is a problem! We really need to talk to someone!"

Gripping my hand, Charlie led me through Tomorrowland, looking like he was trying to find someone. Then he spotted a young lady with colored skin wearing a blue shirt and tan shorts, and a tag around her neck. I could tell right away she was a Cast Member.

"Hey! Frida! Frida!"

"Charlie!" the lady faced us and kneeled down when Charlie came up to hug him.

"So nice to see you again! Who's your friend?" she looked at me.

Awestruck, I smiled and shook her hand; it was so rare to see such a beautiful woman of color with a job in my time. It was amazing...

"I'm Benny! Nice to meet'cha!"

Frida gave me a lovely smile before standing again and facing Charlie.

"What is it you needed, bubba?"

"Well see, we were in Liberty Square and we ran into a lady dressed as Princess Ariel, and I know that's not where Ariel is supposed to be, and just over there is a guy dressed as Gaston!" Charlie pointed out the man in question. "It's really concerning to me and I think they're linked, can you do something?"

Frida furrowed her brow at Gaston and pat us both on the head.

"Yeah, this isn't good. Ariel and Gaston are making appearances later today, if these imposters are around the same time as them we'll be in trouble,"

She got on her knee and took us by our shoulders, speaking in a soft tone, as if trying to avoid being heard by someone.

"Listen. If these aren't employees to the park, we may have an attacker problem," She said.

"You mean like the little girl that got kidnapped by a Jasmine imposter...?" Charlie asked.

"Yup. We just might have two pedophiles on our hands, maybe even people that want to vandalize park property. Where are your parents?"

"Dad's working on an issue in Animal Kingdom, and Mama is looking for Wally,"

"Alright, I'll call your mom down here to get you guys, then I'll find my manager to help me out with this. I suggest you stay with your mom until I get the issue taken care of," Frida told us.

She stood and took out a phone, and we stayed close while still watching the supposed imposter.

"Will we still be able to make the parade?" I asked Charlie.

"We should. They'll talk to these people like they're actually the characters and escort them out the park without anyone knowing what's actually happening. Everything will be fine," he gave an assuring grin.

I wanted to believe him, I really did, but I couldn't help but get a bad feeling in my gut.

Something really wasn't right...