Chapter Seventeen

We were twenty minutes away from entering Blood Walker's Territory and to say I was a nervous wreck was an understatement.

I was apprehensive, my nerves and anxiety raised at the thought of Gabriel meeting my family. They didn't exactly have an outstanding opinion of him or a favourable view on his character.

I had phoned them ten minutes ago, informing Reed that we would be within the border soon. He had sent wolves to help guide the car through to Julian and Grace's house even though I knew the route, he was taking extra precaution.

Reed had invoked our alliance with Blood Moon days after my rejection, Dylan was insistent. I knew that both Dylan and Reed were going to be the toughest to calm down, to reason with.

I hadn't forgiven Gabriel in the slightest, but I wanted to be open minded to the idea. To move on, holding onto hurt and anger wasn't going to change anything. It wasn't healthy for me or Kennedy.

"You realise how awkward this is going to be? You're not exactly my families' biggest fan." I said out loud, staring at Gabriel as he drove down the driveway, one hand on the wheel.

He chuckled at my words, his eyes meeting mine. "I've just got to swallow my pride and admit to my mistakes."

I nodded, his words sinking in. I turned slightly, watching Kennedy in her car seat, her body leaning to the side as her head hung low. The soft sound of her snoring filling the air.

My wolf was satisfied with his reply, our feelings mutual.

Wolves followed us through the territory, Gabriel had brought another vehicle with us along with four wolves including Eli. He had left Dan in charge of managing his pack for a few hours.

As we approached the driveway, Gabriel pulled in next to Dylan's Jeep. I jumped out the car, moving to the back-passenger door to grab Kennedy from her car seat.

She was wide awake now and smiling at the familiar space. She knew she was at her grandma and grandpa's house.

I carried her towards the door, Gabriel and his protective detail following closely behind. I had already noticed that Reed's vehicle wasn't in the vicinity and I was hoping he wouldn't arrive soon.

Simply because Dylan and Reed feed on each other's emotions, it was how werewolves work. It would be the same for Gabriel and Dan. Being Alpha and Beta wolves.

I knocked on the door, waiting patiently for someone to open it. I looked to Gabriel who surprisingly seemed calm and collected. He was the opposite of me right now and he sent me a smile for reassurance.

Grace opened the door, grinning happily as she greeted both Gabriel and me. Gesturing for us to come in as she grabbed Kennedy from my arms, showering her with love and lots of kisses. "Come in, Julian and Dylan are in the living room. Sophia is also here, hopefully Dylan will behave but you know how he is."

I nodded, rolling my eyes. I walked in first, my eyes landing on Julian and Dylan. Julian stood up while Dylan stayed on the couch.

His facial expression telling it all, and I knew that this was going to be an incredibly awkward and highly uncomfortable situation.

~*~

"At least it wasn't that bad, I must admit I was expecting Dylan to react much worse." Gabriel admitted once we were upstairs and away from my family.

I laughed at his statement. "I don't think Dylan's wolf left the conversation once. I thought he was going to attack you at one point."

Gabriel nodded, his eyes connecting to mine. It had been a heated conversation with Julian standing between both men. Gabriel had stayed composed throughout, he expressed his regret and remorse.