Chapter 27

Theo POV

Another month later...

I had finally announced my commitment to North Carolina and I would be going to visit there in a few days. Usually you would go on a visit before you commit somewhere but it wasn't necessary for me. I was confident in my decision. I trusted the coaches and I trusted the team, the campus was nice from what I could tell from all the videos I've seen from current players.

I had invited Collae with me but she had been feeling a bit sick lately. I planned on swinging by today to check on her. She had also been acting weird toward me for a couple days as well. Keeping her conversations with me short.

It was hard for me to get to her with state championships one play-off away, although I already committed, my team and school still had a championship to win. I couldn't get cocky or arrogant now. I would never fumble on them. They've been my boys for a while now. 

Harrison had started becoming more and more of an issue for me. He would like Collae's instagram post and make comments about her at practice. Ive been able to ignore him, I wasn't sure what his problem was with me but I wasn't going to feed into him. He was clearly trying to get under my skin. 

I texted Collae telling her I was outside and she said it was okay to come in through the front, her nana was out.

"Hey babe," I hugged her tight and kissed her forehead. She closed the door.

"Hey Theo," she sighed and walked back into her bedroom.

"Collae what's wrong?" I shut her door, "You've been acting weird towards me lately what's the matter?"

"Theo," she huffed, "I'm sorry, a lot is just happening right now."

"It's okay, just talk to me, remember I told you, anything," I sat next to her on the bed and held her hands.

"Theo I don't know what I'm going to do, this wasn't supposed to happen to me," she started to cry full tears. I hadn't seen her cry since the day she told me about her parents. Me and Collae had been together for almost five months and anytime she's cried was at movies. Nothing ever out of the blue like this.

"Collae what's wrong? I can't help you if you don't tell me what happened," I pulled her into my chest.

"Theo I'm pregnant," I held her a little longer before releasing her hands. Pregnant? I thought I heard wrong. Maybe she was playing a joke on me? I jumped off the bed.

"Y-y-y-you're what?" I stuttered with wide eyes. Collae couldn't possibly be pregnant with the way my life was going right now I couldn't possibly go through this.

"Theo, I'm pregnant," she shook her head crying. I ran my hands down my face and faced her bedroom door. I had flashbacks of all the times I didn't use a condom with her and knew this was my karma.

"This is my fault," I sighed, "I should've used the condoms." I didn't realize I was speaking out loud. Or at least mumbled it so she couldn't hear. It slipped.

"You should've what?" She shouted, I was done for, and I knew it, "You didn't use fucking condoms after I told your ass to use them?"

"I'm sorry," I shook my head, "I'll pay for the abortion, it's my fault."

"You'll pay for an abortion? Bitch are you stupid?" She screamed, she stomped off the bed and slapped me, "Like are you dumb?"

"You wanna keep this baby?" I shouted back, I stood up and held my cheek, "Collae now really is not going to work for me."

"I'm not killing a fucking baby Theodore," she pointed a finger in my face.

"You're sixteen Collae! I'm eighteen! I need to go to College and you need to finish school! How can we do that with a child?" I screamed.