Chapter 44

"You are the spring to my gloom."

Time had flown with Aahana just sitting on her bed and staring at her wardrobe intently

Time had flown with Aahana just sitting on her bed and staring at her wardrobe intently. She chewed her lower lip and shook her head at the pink dress. Her eyes landed on another blood-red dress and she grimaced, wanting to pull out her hair. This was going to be her first date and she wanted to look the nicest but now that she attempted, she realized how hectic it was. She really needed some help.

Casual wears were fine but a date look had to be different, special and remarkable but she had nearly worn almost all her dresses and she didn't have time to buy a new one.

The doorbell rang and she frowned, pressing the intercom. The guard notified the name to be Kritika which confused Aahana even more. She told him to let her in and went to unlock the front door. Kritika gave her a bright smile and placed a package in her hands before entering inside.

"What's this?"

"Surprise from Atharva sir. Just open it." Kritika urged, clapping her hands gleefully.

Aahana threw her a weird look before she settled on the bed and tore open the package. The box revealed a gorgeous peach saree with golden floral borders and a smile lit up her face. The blouse was sexy, golden in color and heavily embroidered, sleeveless and backless with two strings having beaded tassels hanging on each side, something Atharva wouldn't buy himself surely.

"Do you like it?"

"Very much." Aahana smiled. "You bought it?"

"Yeah! Sir gave his card and instructed me to choose the best for your date tonight."

Aahana nodded. "Now that saree is finalized, help me get ready."

"Sure!" Kritika squealed and relaxed on Aahana's bed while she went to shower. She took her time to wash her hair with her favourite shampoo, then moving to her body, which she scrubbed using her refreshing shower gel. When she knew she was good to go, she left the bathroom in her bathrobe and a towel draped around her hair. She applied her moisturizer and blow-dried her hair, after which she asked kritika to straighten it perfectly.

She then did her makeup but kept it neutral, only applying a coat of dark maroon lipstick and opting for smoke eyeshadow to enhance her eyes. Kritika helped her wear the saree after which she added pearl earrings and the waist chain. She didn't want to wear anything exaggerated in her wrists, so she kept it to two thick bangles.

"Ma'am, you look beautiful!" Kritika gasped and gave an appreciable look to Aahana.

She glanced at herself in the mirror and she did look nice. "Thank you!" She wore her stilettos and grabbed the clutch from Kritika's hold.

Kritika nodded, and they both walked to the front door but Aahana stopped her. "So, where's this date?"

"No idea, but you'll love it." She gave a mischievous smile and opened the door for Aahana. A car awaited her outside but when the driver opened the door, it was empty.