The First Test

Naruto's POV

Alright, day one of the Chunin exams and I'm one step closer to getting better missions.

I walked into the building with Sasuke and Sakura; immediately sensing a Genjutsu. I looked up to see people guarding floor '3' from the people who want to go through. Smart, weeding out the weak ones. Only people who can see through a Genjutsu should become Chunin.

I was about to go around and head to the real floor 3, when Sasuke did something stupid.

"Tch, this isn't the real floor three, this is just a Genjutsu," the idiot said. He turned to Sakura. "I bet you were the first to see through it because you are a Genjutsu type."

You are a fridgen idiot.

(Kurama cries internally because there is a lesser chance of his ship sailing, he even had a name for it now: SasuNaru.)

Sakura looked shocked for a moment and then smirked. "Of course I did."

'Didn't.' I thought to myself.

"This isn't floor 3, it's only floor 2," she said proudly.

I'm surrounded by idiots. (A/N: I just remembered that I got a comment asking where Haku was. Do not worry, he is alive and well. Right now he's just going through a bit of an interrogation {not the painful kind} and the Hokage is thinking about a good rank to place him. He's thinking Chunin, hint hint. Name this Jutsu and you get to name one thing you want to happen in the story that is within reason. Ox, Monkey, Rabbit, Rat, Boar, Bird, Ox, Horse, Bird, Tiger, Dog, Tiger, Snake, Ox, Sheep, Snake, Pig, Sheep, Ox, Monkey, Bird, Dragon, Ox, Horse, Sheep, Tiger, Snake, Rat, Ox, Monkey, Bird, Rat, Boar, Monkey, Dragon, Bird, Ox, Horse, Sheep, Tiger, Snake, Rat, Monkey, Rabbit, Boar, Dragon, Ox, Rat, Ox, Monkey, Bird, Rat, Boar, Bird)

All of a sudden, Lee came out and was about to kick Sasuke, but was only blocked.

Welp, I'm leaving. He looks like a mini Might Guy and... I don't feel like seeing there sunset Genjutsu again. If you see it once... you'll never unsee it.

"We better leave Sakura," I tried to warn her. I'm not going to tell Sasuke because of the idiot move he pulled a minute ago.

"I want to watch my Sasuke win," she said with hearts in her eyes. Sigh, she's only like this in public.

"Don't say I didn't warn you," I said nonchalantly as I went to the 3rd floor.

I sat down in a seat in the front row and waited for other people to show up. 'And when they show up, I have to put my mask on.' I thought in depression.

It didn't take long for people to show. About 30 seconds really. After about 3 minutes of blabbing to everyone about how I'm going to be Hokage some day, their poor souls, Sasuke and Sakura walked in with horrified looks on their faces.

"I'm sorry I didn't take your warning," Sakura whispered in horror.

"Why didn't you warn me?" Sasuke wined, breaking his cool Uchiha vibe that he put on in public for a moment.

"I didn't think about it, believe it!" I said a little too loudly. Sasuke gave me a look of disbelief.

"Well look what the cat dragged it," I heard Kiba yell. He got all up in my face. "I can't believe that your sensei let you take the Chunin exams."

"Oh don't be rude," An annoying voice said. "They needed him so my Sasuke could take the exams."

Oh great, fangirl number two is here.

"Hello Naruto," Hinata (I changed it back) told me and then blushed really red. Huh, what's wrong with him.

"Hey Hinata," I told him, not wanting to be rude. He became even more red- if that's even possible.

"You guys need to quiet down, the competition is getting angry," a calm voice said.

Kabuto?

I turned around and to my surprise, it was him.

"Naruko?!" he said in surprise. "Why do you look like-"

I quickly put my hand over his mouth. "It's Naruto and I'll tell you later," I hissed. He nodded quickly. "Heh heh, wow Kabuto, long time no see," I laughed loudly, covering up what I just did.

"Yeah Naruto, how have you been," he laughed back; scratching the back of his head.

Sakura looked at us both, each in turn. "You guys know each other?" she questioned.

"Yup, but it's been a while... what? 6 years?" I asked him putting my arm around him.

"Sounds about right," he laughed.

"Alright brat's. Take your seats," a loud voice yelled. It was a man with scars on his face, but I don't care to remember his name.

He began to explain, but I ignored most of it. 10 questions, blah blah blah. 1 hour, blah blah blah. If one person fails, all of your team fails, blah blah blah. No cheating, blah blah blah.

"Begin."

I looked down at my paper and High Chunin and low Jonin questions greeted me. So the purpose of this test is cheating. Hmmm. Oh well. I'm not going to answer any.

"Don't you want to pass?" Kurama said in exasperation.

'Don't worry, I'll pass.' I thought back evilly.

Kurama didn't answer. Probably thinking about where he went wrong on raising me.

"Psst, Naruko- I mean Naruto," Hinata whispered. He moved his test at an angle where I could see and the proctors couldn't.

I shook my head and whispered, "I need to do this on my own. Don't worry, believe it."

He gave me one last worried look, but accepted my answer.

When there was ten minutes left, the proctor was about to give out the tenth question.

"If you fail this test or any of your team members, you can not become Chunin. Meaning that you will never be able to take this test again, also meaning that you will never be Chunin."

"You can't do that!" A random Genin yelled.

"Yes I can, but if you leave now, you can try again next year."

'It's a ruse.' I thought to myself. 'They need to see the underneath the underneath.'

A bunch of Genin left the room. Idiots. I'm not leaving.

I sensed Sakura's hand start to go up. Oh no you don't.

I rose my hand and then slammed it down on my table. "I will never give up, for it is my nindo, my ninja way!"

'That ought to stop her.' I thought. 'And it stopped some other people.' I rolled my eyes.

"Is that your final answer?" He asked.

Everyone nodded.

"You pass."

{July 28, 2018}

Btw, I'm Fine has returned!!!!