Chapter 8 (The Prince In New York)

***
Writer's POV:

The day came for the Prince, Djafar and Saïda, to leave. Asahd was very delighted with this 'good surprise ' his parents have offered him.

"See you in some months. Hopefully by the time I return, you won't be all annoying as usual." Asahd mused, telling his parents.

"That's the reason why we're sending you on vacation." his father, explained. "We hope that by the time you return, our relationship with you will be healthier and better."

"Yeah, we'll see."

The limo's door was opened and he was going to get in.

"Won't you kiss us, goodbye?" the Queen asked with a hint of disappointment in her tone.

Asahd rolled his eyes and walked up to her. He kissed her cheeks and did same to his father.

"Goodbye and until next time." he said.

"Bye, son."

He then turned to the guards and said:

"Make sure you put my bags in the second car."

"Yes, your Highness."

He got in the limo and drove off. The second car pulled up, that was going to be carrying Djafar and Saïda, as well as the two guards that would be in charge of carrying their bags.

"Remember..." the sultan told Djafar, "Be strict. Please make this work."

"Yes, your Highness." the man and his daughter bowed and entered the car.
They had nothing but tiny traveling bags with them that contained hygienic necessities and nightwear.
Two guards stepped out of the palace, carrying Asahd's huge bags.

"Don't put those in the car. He's not going with them. Take them back to my son's room." the sultan ordered and the confused guards, did as told.

The Queen then stepped towards the car and gave Djafar a tiny bag.

"Asahd's necessities. Toothbrush, towel, nightwear, and everything he'll be needing for a start. The clothes and so on, you'll buy as planned."

"Yes, your Majesty."

Too bad Asahd was lazy to pack his bags on his own. He'd ordered some maids to do so. And so, while he was out of his room, his mother packed his necessities in a different and tiny back. He had no idea!

"Safe journey. Call us when you get there, and always keep us updated."

"We will."

***

The Prince and company boarded a plane to Casablanca which lasted only a few minutes. He still didn't notice he had no bags as he expected Djafar and Saïda to keep an eye on the luggage.

From Casablanca, they boarded a plane that would have no stopovers, straight for New York City. They had 7 hours and 43 minutes to get there. Asahd was so excited, as well as Saïda who already found the issue, very amusing.
They'd left Casablanca at 9AM and if everything went well, they would reach New York when it would be 4PM in Casablanca, but 11AM, in New York. Morocco had a time difference, being five hours ahead of New York.

***
Asahd looked out the window, from his first-class seat, down at the city of New York. He smiled to himself. He sure had a lot of plans for that busy city and promised to accomplish every single plan of his. Or so he thought.

"It looks great from up here." Saïda whispered to her father, looking out her window.

"And big." Djafar replied, reading a magazine.