3

please vote if you're reading!

MADISON

i hesitated for a moment, thinking about matty's feelings as i watched him holding my phone.
"he's just a friend" i quickly shrugged my shoulders, turning back around to the garden and taking another hit.
"well... your friends are my friends" i looked back at matty as he was pressing the phone to his ear, a mischievous smirk on his face.
"hello?" matty spoke into my phone as i dropped my joint, jumping over to him and ripping the phone from his hand, mouthing an array of profanities at him.

"hello? alex?" i held the phone to my ear, nervously chewing my lip as matty took a few tokes of his weed, loving winding me up.
"who was that? i heard a boy" i rolled my eyes at matty- alex had heard him.
"no one" my eyes followed matty as he walked over to the sofa, flopping down and blowing a cloud of smoke up to the ceiling.
"i'm not no one" matty stuck his bottom lip out like a child as i heard alex sigh.

"where are you?" i pulled at my still damp hair in frustration, thinking of something to say.
"in my room" i tried to sound convincing but i knew it wasn't exactly working. "alone" i quickly added, perching on the edge of the table. i heard alex sigh again yet i knew he'd be out with a bunch of people, including girls.

"if you're alone in your room, maddy... what's that boy doing?" i racked my brains for an explanation to his patronising tone.
"i'm with chloe, there's no boy though" i looked up at matty as he smoked, shaking his head sarcastically at my lying.
"alright... i love you baby" he seemed satisfied as i relaxed, standing up again.
"love you" i quickly ended the call, pushing my phone into the back pocket of matty's jeans.

"so..." matty stood up, walking over to the cabin door. "your friend alex doesn't like you hanging out with males and he calls you baby" his brows furrowed as he picked up the joint i'd dropped into the wet grass.
"and you wasted my mary jane, bitch" he laughed briefly, putting the roach on the table and killing his joint, his eyes red.
"sorry, i should've told you" i bit my nails as matty ruffed his hair, there was no way he'd believed that alex was just a friend.

"i don't care about your boyfriend, mads" he laughed lightly as if it was no big deal. "it's not like we were that serious last year... it was only a few kisses and teasing" he shrugged, unbothered. the way he worded it made it sound so insignificant but at the time it had felt so intimate and personal. at least, it did to me.

i didn't say anything for a little while, giggling as matty danced to the silence.
"you're stoned" i laughed and he reluctantly nodded, half-smiling to himself before sitting next to me, resting his head on my shoulder.
"can i text you tonight? i've missed texting you." his hair tickled my neck as he spoke and i bit my lip, hesitant.
"i don't know, matty" i took my phone out, going down my contacts. "wayne made me block you after you left" matty stayed where he was, seeming pretty comfortable on my shoulder.

"please unblock me- i have so much to talk about" i smiled, unblocking his phone number and checking the time.
"okay... well, i should leave now" matty sat up, moving his head from my shoulder as the cold air hit my skin. "wayne came back from work yesterday" i mumbled as i stood up before holding my hand out, helping matty up seeing as he was so high.

i quickly went back into the house and upstairs to grab my bag and wet clothes.
"i'll walk you back" matty was waiting by the front door with a black hoodie on, his house keys in his hand as he smiled weakly. "it's quite far but i need some fresh air anyway" i smiled, walking down the last few steps as he held the door open and i ducked under his arm, taking a cigarette from my pocket.

"you got a lighter?" matty muttered as he paused by the door. "i left mine in the cabin" i nodded, pulling it out, lighting my fag and passing it to him as we started walking.
"thanks for lending me your clothes" i watched matty light his cig, inhaling deeply whilst holding my lighter out for me to take.
"it's fine" he blew the smoke out, pulling his hood over his head and keeping quiet for a while.

"i gotta give it to you, mads" matty looked at me, his eyes trailing over my features. "you seem like you're coping well" he looked back at the street in front of him, sucking on the filter of his cigarette. i let his sentence linger in the air between us for some time, knowing what he meant.
"i've learnt from my mistakes" i flicked the ash into a puddle on the side of the road and matty laughed.

"wow, i'm a mistake" i looked back at him as he mumbled, raising his eyebrows.
it wasn't him. it was just the situation. i tried to utter the words, but ended up changing the subject.

"how long have you been a pothead then?" i laughed lightly as i looked at his stoner eyes.
"i started using it pretty much as soon as i left" he rubbed his eyes, looking drained and waited a while before continuing. "look- final exams start next week, right?" his head snapped around and i nodded, throwing my cigarette onto the pavement as matty did the same.
"well george is having a party tomorrow, you should come" he put his hands in his pockets as we finally turned onto my road and i stopped him.

"i'll think about it" i kept my eyes on the house down the road, scared that wayne would see him. "ill message you tonight" matty looked down at our shoes before looking up at me again and suddenly pulling me into a hug. "see you"
"alright... bye" i muttered, he forced a smile before going back around the corner, walking home.

i pushed open the front door and shuffled into the kitchen where mum was sitting at the breakfast table, sorting some paperwork.
"hiya love" she looked up at me, smiling before her face dropped and she sat up, looking behind me. "go get changed, quickly" i looked down at myself, i'd completely forgot i was wearing matty's clothes.

i dropped my bag and quickly ran upstairs into my room and pulled the jeans and shirt off, grabbing some shorts and a tee from my wardrobe, pulling them on. my phone buzzed as i pushed matty's clothes under my bed and flopped onto my mattress.

matty
you coming then? bring your boyfriend x

i smiled, quickly typing my reply- i'd missed talking to him whilst just lying on my bed.

what? why?x

i heard someone walking across the landing and quickly locked my phone, shoving it under my pillow and sitting up on my bed. wayne walked in, looking miserable as always.
"alex is here" he muttered before turning and going downstairs again, leaving the door open. i hopped down the stairs where alex stood waiting, smiling at me.

"hi" i smiled, taking his hand and leading him upstairs and back into my room.
"i wasn't sure if you'd still be at chloe's or not" he closed my door, pulling my body to his and. hugging me. "your hair smells nice" he mumbled and i smirked as my chin rested on his shoulder, my hair smelt of chocolate.*

"i'm just gonna go to the toilet" he leaned back, kissing me on the cheek before walking out and i sat back down on my bed. i slid my phone out from under my pillow and opened matty's message.

matty
i wanna meet him- what's his name again? alan?x

i laughed quietly, correcting him and putting my phone back as alex walked back in and i pulled his jacket off, closing the door again. i needed to take my mind off matty for a while.
"i heard that matty boy is b-" i didn't let him finish his sentence as i pushed my lips to his and his hands met my sides, moving his mouth against mine.

i moved away momentarily, leaning my forehead against his and just thinking 'fuck it'.
"do you wanna come to a party tomorrow?"

===================================

*sorry for this shameless reference

hope you liked this chapter