III. Get Ya Money

Keenon

I was scopin' out this house I was gon hit in this Chinese neighbor hood Toya showed me. She used to live over here when she was a teenager, her fourth foster parents were Chinese. Tonight my last night watching them, they doctors and they bring home bank! They don't get home until eleven, so I got time to do what I do and go. I seen them pull up to they house as my phone rung. I sucked my teeth and sent it to voice mail. I kept watching the house as the man got out the car counting big face Ben's. My phone rung again and I glared at it seeing the hospital number. I answered it before it stopped ringing.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Is this Keenon Jackson?"

"Yeah." I said.

"Mr.Jackson this is OU medical center. We need you up here." the ladies voice said.

"What happened?" I asked looking at the man walk in his house.

"We can't discuss it over the phone." she said and I sighed before hanging up in her face. I sped off to OU medical center and rushed in. "Can I help you?" some lady she asked sounding like the same one from the phone.

"Yeah, I got a call telling me to come here." I said.

"Yes, are you Mr.Jackson?" I nodded. "We have a Ms.Jacks--" I cut her off.

"Where is she?" I asked.

"Keenon!" I heard Toya voice say and I turned towards her.

"What happened?" I asked hugging her, then pecking her lips.

"She had a seizure." she told me before sipping whatever was in her Starbucks cup. "It lasted longer than two minutes, so I called the ambulance. Literally making them bring he here because Midwest is shitty." she said as I grabbed her cup.

"Is this caffeine?" I asked and she looked at her feet.

"It's to help me deal with the fact that your mom is in the hospital." she said looking up at me. I went and signed in she showed me to my mama room. She was sleeping, but when we walked in she started to wake up.

"Hey ma." I said hugging her and she hugged back, then I sat with Toya.

"What happened?" she asked genuinely confused.

"You had a seizure. Is there something you need to tell Keenon before I tell why you had it?" Toya asked before sipping her drink.

"No." she said and I Toya looked at her.

"Nothing at all. Nothing you think he should know?" she asked and I was gettin' mad she was questioning her like that.

"Toya." I said sternly and she put her hand up.

"No." my mom answered.

"Your doctor came in and said he found tracks of MDMA, cocaine, PCP, percocerts and alcohol in your system. He said if you had taken anymore, you would've died." Toya said before sipping her drink as the doctor came in.

"Ah, your up. I hope she told you about the drugs and alcohol." the doctor said washing her hands. "She has a mild kidney disease and her seizure was generalized tonic-clonic seizure." I looked at Toya confused.

"Grand mal seizure." she whispered in my ear. Toya hella smart, but she didn't get to go to college because she moved from foster home to foster home. She said she wanted to be a doctor, but she don't wanna go back to get her GED, she think it'll be a waist of time, so she chose stripping. I ain't mad at her, because if she wasn't a stripper, I would've never probably known her. "She may have to do dialysis if it worsen." she added