[M] Apparently, Lux Has Fantasies About Alabaster In His Office

Irene squealed in excitement and barreled into me. I gasped and went rigid as she nearly squeezed me to death. Lux watched with a smirk on his lips, I felt my face flush in embarrassment at all the fuss we were making.

"Yay! You're part of the family now!" She exclaimed and hugged me again. It was slightly terrifying how quickly her mood changed with a few observations.

"Thanks," I mumbled and looked at my feet as Irene released me. She took a step back and looked me up and down again.

"You're so small, how did you even survive Lux this whole time?" She muttered more to herself and walked around me again. "I know he has issues..." the vampire trailed off and looked at Lux, "controlling himself."

"Say whatever you like Irene, Alabaster likes it," he mused and stepped behind me, "don't you?"

"Pervert," I mumbled and crossed my arms over my chest.
"He knows he likes it," Lux said to Irene and let his hands hover on my hips. She shrugged and pulled back my collar slightly, I blinked in surprise.

"Wow, he went all out," the vampire woman whistled and slid her surprisingly soft fingers over a few of the bites on my neck. "You're kinda kinky Lux."

"He's a pervert. That's what he is."

--------------------

"You're a demon, right Alabaster?" Irene sat across from me sipping crimson liquid from a blood bag. We were in a cafeteria-like room where nearly all the soldiers were talking and drinking similar bags to Irene's. The table we sat at was filled with other soldiers I didn't know. And while they carried on their own conversation away from ours, I knew they were listening very carefully.

"How'd you know?" I asked casually, but prayed that she didn't know what type of demon I was.

"Oh we could all smell it on you the second you walked in," she snorted and waved her hand, "you guys smell different than vampires."

"Oh, I never knew," I answered honestly and placed my hands on the table. Lux was off somewhere doing something and said he'd be back in a minute. Irene analyzed me for a moment as if waiting for me to say more.

"How do you stand with the war?" She inquired and I blinked in mild surprise. I thought about it for a moment before responding.

"I think it's pointless actually," I admitted and looked her in the eye, "vampires aren't the same as demons so they shouldn't be labeled as such. And therefore, I think it's unfair that demons rule over you guys. You have your own people and traditions and rules and for demons to impose on that... it's just not logical. But I think it's more that most demons don't really understand vampires and so they try to shackle you guys and that's what really sparked this whole thing.

"Besides, my best friend is dating a vampire and he's a pretty chill dude, so I've got nothing against vampires."

She watched me carefully and took a long drink from the blood bag.

"I think I'm gonna like you Alabaster," Irene nodded and smiled a little bit.

We talked a while longer and I started to get to know her better. She had a cat named Freud who liked baths and her family originally hailed from Germany. And as it turned out, she too, loved flannels.

Lux strolled in with all his immortal-vampire grace. It was unfair.

He placed his hands on my shoulder and stood behind me.