20. A

A/N : I know it's frustrating that Arian won't fess up. But please just remember that for DV victims it can actually be extremely hard to tell people the truth. Even when they want to. Even when they think that they're going to confide in someone, actually doing it is another story. Please go easy on our Ari. ♥️

"Hey Arian," Hunapo answered the door in a thick hoodie and joggers. He gave me a cautious smile, likely unsure whether I was fragile over the weekends events or not. "Come in. Aiden just jumped in the shower."

"I should have replied to let him know that I was coming," I dropped my bag at the entrance and slipped off my heeled booties. "How are you?"

"Uh, I think the more important question is, how are you?"

We wandered into the living room and I leaned against the wall, thinking about how to answer his question. As usual I smiled and nodded. "I'm fine. Yeah it's been a bit of a strange forty eight hours. But I'm— coping."

He smiled. "You're strong. I think that Cameron threw up for a week straight and ended up being hospitalised for dehydration and exhaustion when he witnessed something similar."

I recoiled. "Aiden said that he handled it well?"

"Of course he did," he shook his head with amusement. "Aiden's good like that."

"Wow. Poor guy."

"That was a while ago. He's fine now."

"That's good," I chuckled. I smiled at the fact that Aiden was kind enough to let Cameron hold on to his dignity. I shouldn't have expected less though. I pissed myself and he wouldn't even let me say it out loud.

My cheeks heated up just thinking about it.

"Hello, hello," Zoerina wandered into the living room in a pair of shorts and a sports bra that exposed her bronzed torso. She had such an incredible figure. Her blonde hair was pulled back in a French braid.

"Hey," I smiled but her gaze was directed at Hunapo who was watching her with a soft expression. She stopped in front of us and I began to feel awkward, as if I was a part of something that should have been private. And that was before either of them had uttered a word.

"You look beautiful," Hunapo murmured. There was nothing suggestive about his comment. It was sincere, a statement, a simple declaration as obvious as stating that the grass is green.

Zoerina nodded. "I know."

Hunapo breathed a harsh breath through his nose. He seemed amused as he turned on his heel and began walking out of the room. He peered over his shoulder before he was out of sight and his gaze swept Zoerina. But again, there was nothing suggestive in it. It was just as if he needed to remember where she stood or what she was wearing. I remembered him telling me that he was Asexual, so sex didn't matter to him. But love did. And I could see that when he looked at Aiden's sister.

She watched him until he was gone and then her eyes fluttered towards me and she folded her arms, the bangles on her wrist jangling together. "Late night call in. Where's the husband?"

I took a deep breath and remembered that this was just who she was. She had an attitude and she wasn't quiet by any stretch of the imagination. "He's out of town on business," I answered.

"Convenient."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I mean, that it's a little strange that you spend so much time with my brother. You two were way to close the other evening. You can not convince me that what I saw was innocent. So what's the deal? Are you a gold digger or something?"