29. O

Our hotel bedroom glass doors which over looked the Atlantic could be rolled right open. It allowed a flawless transition from indoor to outdoor. It reminded me of work. The earth coloured tiled floor turned into plush green grass. Enormous palm trees surrounded the terrain. Hammocks stretched from trunk to trunk. And not a lot further, the grass turned into sand and blue waters.

Our room was open and large. A bed sat central, covered in the softest linen. The white was so pristine that the sheets could have been woven in heaven. Singular seats with intricately patterned designs were tucked in the corners beside the pine dressers and a mirror. The rest of the suite was similar in theme with dark feature walls and rich furniture. Modern appliances were in the kitchen and the couch was comfortable enough to sleep on.

The living space was arranged much like a standard room. Sofas separated the dining and lounge area. A television mounted to the wall faced the seats and kitchen. A coffee table spread with tourist information sat central. It was exquisite. The air felt clear. The sights were breathtaking.

We'd been on Paradise Island for all of two days and I felt clearer headed already. We hadn't done a whole lot with our time since we arrived. We'd lounged in the hammocks. Swam in the sea that was almost at our doorstep. We'd soaked up the sun and Aiden was looking more toasted with each passing minute. We'd done a lot of eating as well. The food was . . . perfection. I could feel my appetite coming back with each meal.

Today we had plans to spend the day at the aquaventure water park. The pamphlets looked incredible. There was a lot that I wanted to do while we were here. Pig beach sounded adorable, I couldn't wait for that. Plus there were little turtles that had just hatched on the beach. Our hotel clerk informed us when we checked in that it was a must see. The thought of adorable baby turtles scuttling through the sand made me ecstatic.

Condensation was clearing from the large bathroom mirror as I combed my hair after a shower. The reflection of a bruise free woman stared back at me. I had clear skin and a smile that seemed so foreign. It's not like it had been a super long time since I'd smiled. But it felt like that. It felt like months had passed since Aiden and I spent the night together before— before it all went down hill.

My bikini was a pastel yellow and I wore a floor length sheer white sarong that split up the side and revealed my leg. It was a hint more daring than what I'd usually wear in public. But things were different now. That had been made apparent on our first morning here.

Aiden and I had decided to go for a swim in the ocean just outside of our room. Out of habit, I'd worn a long sleeve flowing top that came to my thighs. It was meant to be worn over bikinis. For the beach and pools. It was modest but cute and I really hadn't given it much thought as we traipsed through the sand, hand in hand. It wasn't long before Aiden commented on the fact that I'd miss out on a tan if I hid underneath large shirts the entire time. He'd smiled, the sun streaming down behind him as he pinched the fabric between his fingers. "You can take it off baby."

So I did. And we continued walking in the soft hot sand or swimming in the gorgeous water. All the while, he showered me with compliments about how beautiful I am and how blessed he feels to be on the beach with the most beautiful girl in the Bahamas. That was something I couldn't bring myself to believe after meeting some of the other tourists and locals. But it still felt so moving.

I had the urge to put on a little make up. Just to feel prettier. But that would be pointless considering we'd be spending the day at a waterpark. When I wandered out into the living area, Aiden was standing at the threshold that stepped out on to our private little patio. His arm was stretched above him, holding the curtain rail while his black swim trunks rested low on his hips. The definition in his back was mesmerising and I sighed with appreciation, causing him to turn around and fix me with a bright smile.