Chapter Ninty-Nine: Cool Water

"North said you wanted to see me?"

Markus was standing in his office, and Tasha had to admit he did well making a name for himself in the Android community. Everyone saw him as their leader — it must be hard.

Markus smiled at me, "Yeah, do you want something to drink? I have tea, soda..."

"You stock up on refreshments?" Tasha teased, pondering his question. "A Cola would be rad, Markus." She sat on the couch with a sigh.

"Well, I need to make sure I have a good stock pile for when you stop by." He handed her the bottle.

"How are you doing?"

Tasha shrugged, "I'm fine."

Markus sat next to her. "You know I know when your lying, right?"

Tasha smiled slightly, "I'm alright, I just want to get this over with."

"You know you can talk to me, right?" He placed his hand on her knee, causing her to look over at him.

"Yeah, I know. I just don't want to think about any of it right now. I just need to focus on finding whoever killed them."

Markus squeezed her knee a bit, making her feel weird.

Is... is Markus flirting with me?

Before Tasha could even comprehend the situation North came into the room, Connor following behind her.

"Sorry to interrupt — whatever you two were talking about — but Tasha, I need your help."

•••

"Are you sure you're alright, Tasha?" Markus asked as North looked for all CyberLife towers located in the area her parents had been.

They were all updated on the situation, and all of them had decided it was in everyone's best interests to take down the people responsible.

"I just want to find the people responsible."

"What will you do when you find them?" Gavin asked next.

Tasha is quiet a moment, "I... I don't know. Part of me wants them to pay for what they did. Part of me wants lawful justice."

"Killing them won't make it better." Markus said as he put his hand on her shoulder. "An eye—"

"An eye for an eye and the world goes blind." She said before he could finish, a small smile on her face. "I know, you're right. I just — I want to know the truth. My parents were murdered— and I want to know why."

"It's easier said than done." North brought up the blueprint of the tower. "There's over a dozen floors to this tower. To sweep all of it before we get spotted is suicide."

Tasha shook her head, "There's always a way." She bit her bottom lip in concentration. "Wait!"

Everyone was still as Tasha pushed North out of the way, bringing a keyboard onto the monitor.

"Tasha, what are—"

"When I was little I heard my parents talk about operation Jaarhk. I always thought it was a made up thing to distract me from their job —" She clicked her tongue in approval as the files came onto the screen.

"This is how we get in. My parents had everything planned... We can do this."

The androids of the group still looked uneasy as their programs went over the plan, analyzing the success rate.

The probability of success fifty-eight percent.

"That's not very high." Markus noted.

"It's not low, either." Tasha replied, standing in front of them all. "I won't ask you all to risk so much for me. I can do this on my own."

"Why would we let you have all the fun?" North smiled.

"Do you honestly think any of us are gonna let you do this on your own?" Markus put his hand on her shoulder. "The lone wolf dies —"

"But the pack survives." Tasha finished, smiling at him. She glanced over to Hank and Gavin who were standing a little aways.

"Did you ever doubt I'd stick by your side, kid?" Hank smiled.

"You know I'm with you." Gavin said after, arms crossed against his chest.

"Alright." Tasha smiled, feeling Connor wrap his arm around her waist.

"Now, there are ten steps we must take for this plan to work."

Tasha leans over the table, looking up at her friends. Her family.

"Let's get started."

•••
A/N: eyyyyyy here we goooooo! My mom used to think the song who are you (I think it was the theme used for csi or something like that) was Cool Water Ooh Ooh Ooh ohh and I die whenever I hear it lol so yeah, this is short buuut I hope you're having fun :3

* as for making a different story revolving around my OC Tasha and Gavin, would you guys read it? Even if you hate Gavin, I'd love if you would read it since I love when I see comments about killing him xD* ++++ if you have ideas for the Gavin x Tasha story let me know lol but don't worry this is still my main priority *

Alsoooo maybe
Just possibly
The Connor x Tasha wedding will be in the near future? ;)