This Should Have Been Fun!

Judith couldn't sleep that night. Not only could she not stop picturing the party, but she could only see all of the negatives.

"What if somebody offers me a drink and I get drunk and light some shit up?"

"What if a boy asks me out?"

"What if a girl asks me out?"

These thoughts plagued Judith's over anxious mind and made her feel wide awake. The morning crept up on her and her bleary eyes gazed upon the rising sun. It's unforgiving rays cast themselves across her room.

Groaning, she got out of bed and walked silently down the stairs and into the kitchen. Aunt Laurie wasn't awake yet, which was kind of strange considering she was always awake before Judith.

Judith poured herself a glass of orange juice and grabbed herself a small bag of leftover mini donuts. She downed the glass quickly, slightly hiccuping, and placed a donut in her mouth. Sneaking back up to her bedroom, she dug through her clothes until she found something "party" appropriate.

It was a nice purple dress. With spaghetti straps and glitter across the chest. It was just above the knee and she made sure to pick flats. Just in case she wanted to dance. Or, was pressured into dancing by Shiloh.

Brushing her hair with a small blue brush and other such touch ups made her look beautiful. She looked into the little mirror lodged in her vanity and realised she had not looked like that for a very long time. The dress was really just an impulse buy from a long time ago. Probably the reason why it was so short as well.

Judith walked back down the stairs, with still no sign from her aunt. She breathed a sigh of relief as she escaped from the house. Honestly, she didn't want to have to explain anything to her poor auntie. She would most certainly disapprove of a party. No matter if it was wild or just something casual.

Shiloh specified that the club wasn't really going to be all that exciting. Just a small party. Mostly for people to hang out and get to know each other. Kind of lame, but a good step for the both of them.

Judith walked with a spring in her step to the front of her house. Shiloh was around the corner in her little car. She honked the horn at Judith. Judith jumped and angrily "shhhh'd" Shiloh.

"Ohhh, Auntie still asleep? That's kinda weird." Shiloh had rolled down the window and motioned for Judith to hop in the front.

"Ok, to waste some time, we're just gonna hang out at my house, and the reason why we are doing that is because I want to conserve gas BECAUSE I am poor." Judith laughed at that.

"Same, same." Judith agreed. Shiloh began to drive back to her house. The morning and midday and most of the afternoon was spent watching cheesy horror flicks, eating snacks, and playing Resident Evil on Shiloh's ancient GameCube. Well, Shiloh playing Resident Evil while Judith cowered underneath a ragged throw blanket.

Finally, it was 8:00, the party was slated to start at 8:45. Shiloh glanced at the clock and sighed. "Ya ready to go, Jude." Judith nodded her head. She was scared, but happy. The pair hopped into the car and Judith twiddled with her fingers while Shiloh drove them to a rather large  condo overlooking the gorgeous waters of the beach. The windows were flooded with light and the sounds of miscellaneous dub step music lightly emanated from the house.

Judith almost felt herself audibly gulp. Shiloh laughed and pulled into a parking lot with 6 or more cars piled into it. Judith shakily stepped out of the car and took a deep breath. Shiloh patted her back supportively as she halfway led and halfway dragged Judith into the front door.

She knocked very loudly on the glass door and a young man with long beach blonde hair and chocolate brown eyes approached them. He smiled at seeing Shiloh and looked Judith over.

"Heyyy, nice to see you Shiloh. Who's this?"

"That's just my friend Jude. She's new to the whole party scene."

"Ah, well, she's gonna have a good time at this one." Judith blushed a little, not really liking his tone. It kind of sounded like he was a hungry dog and she was a piece of prime rib.

He stepped aside and let the girls inside. Judith looked around and realised she was stuck. The party was booming around them with people dancing crazily to unbelievably loud shitty music. One girl puked in a corner and a guy was crashed out on on of the couches.

"Um, Shiloh, you said this was going to be a small party. Ya know, like a dinner party you see in movies and soap operas." Judith shuffled uncomfortably.

"Uh, yeah, sorry about that Jude. It's just, do I really look like the kind of person they'd let twenty feet outside of a fancy dinner party?" Shiloh gestured to her form. Her dress was jet black and very revealing. Low cut and provocative as hell.

Judith stepped away from Shiloh to try and get some space and fresh air. She was unfortunately swept away in the wildness of the crowd of people. Pushing and shoving. People were bumping into her and the blaring music caused her heart to beat out of her chest. She could feel her hands heating up.

That wasn't the only thing she could feel. Many different emotions that she had never truly felt swarmed her heart. Fear being a main one. She could feel cold and icy winds, with a deep connection to her surroundings. A punch bowl exploded from across the room.

However the final straw that truly pushed Judith to the edge, was when the boy from earlier came up to her.

"Heyyy, I think you're prettyy shexyy.." he was obviously very drunk. Judith tried to push past him, but he leaned in and gave her a sloppy wet kiss on the mouth.

She gasped and pulled away quickly. Falling on her back and hitting her head. In that moment, all she could see was colors. A blast from her heart of icy waves of wind and fire. The ground shook below her and people screamed. She felt the back of her bruised head and got up fast. Running towards the exit, trying to get away from the frightened people staring at her.

"This is it." She thought to herself. Shiloh had a shocked and terrified expression on her face as she watched her friend run.

Breaking through the door with her newfound ice powers, Judith ran into the parking lot and followed a path away from the cars and the commotion of the ruined party.

Running fast with tears blurring her vision. Judith didn't notice a small pothole in the ground. Tripping she felt her breath leave her body as she fell once again on her back.

Just before she passed out, she saw a woman with a straw hat and a flowery green dress kneel down and pick her up.

Well, what did you guys think? Please leave a like and comment?