CHAPTER 48

"Rebekah, where is Percy's tie?" I asked, well, screamed. It was the twins' 1st birthday and we're celebrating with the whole family. Yes, a year has passed and a lot has changed. For starters, we moved to Greece. New Orleans had a war going on with the witches, so to avoid it, we moved far, far away. Kol and Davina followed us here as well as Marcel, having no desire to join the on-going fight. Another thing is Elijah and Tatia got married. They're currently in New Zealand for their honeymoon. As for Klaus and I, well...

"Odd," Rebekah muttered.

"What is?" I asked, clipping Percy's tie. He clapped once I let him go and crawled to her sister to play with her.

"It's been a year and you've yet to marry my brother," Rebekah stated, finishing the last of the decorations.

"He'll pop the question when he wants to," I retorted. I smiled in satisfaction, seeing the ballroom was ready for the party. The Olympians are coming down to celebrate together with Caroline and Bonnie. Elijah and Tatia wouldn't be able to make it, but I can't blame them. After marrying your one true love after being gone for a thousand years, you'd be excited to make up for lost time. Kol and Davina don't live with us but they bought a house which is a 5-minute drive from where we live.

Klaus insisted we buy a mansion because a house, as he said, was 'too small'. But, I made sure it wasn't big enough to separate our family.

One by one, the Olympians popped into the room carrying gifts

One by one, the Olympians popped into the room carrying gifts. I gestured to the table near the entryway where they could put it down and mingle. My phone dinged, seeing Caroline's text that they're near. I met them by the front door, squealing as they got out of the taxi.

"I missed you!" I exclaimed, bringing them both in for a hug. After their last visit, they made it their goal to make it up to me. In the end, I've forgiven them and decided to give them a chance. So far, they're the best. Unfortunately, Elena refuses to spare any effort. She decided to stay in Mystic Falls with the Salvatore's instead.

"Where are they?" Caroline squealed, making her way in the house. Liz Forbes didn't want anything to do with me still. She was sorry as a mother yet she's still a bitter woman due to her husband's result of an affair.

I looked at the scene before me, smiling at my family being together. I saw Apollo attempting to flirt with Caroline, whilst Bonnie made a beeline for Hermes. Rebekah and Marcel were in their own little world at the back of the room, while Kol and Davina were babysitting the twins for me.

I felt arms wrap around my waist, snapping me out of my daze.

"Penny for your thoughts?" I heard Klaus whisper in my ear.

"Our family is amazing," I stated, turning to him.

"It is, isn't it?" He mused, "But it wouldn't be this complete without you. Had I not met you, I wouldn't have the most beautiful children in the world. Had Kol, Rebekah or Elijah not met you, our family would be torn apart. Had I not met you, I wouldn't have been happy,"

"Aren't you the sweetest?" I teased.

His face turned serious, whereas I began to worry. He placed a kiss on my forehead before saying, "Persephone, I don't know what could have become of me had you not appeared in my life. You have been so good to me—knowing my strengths and weaknesses inside and out. If that had been anyone but you, I would have gotten rid of them on the spot. Yet, you captivated me. You started off as a girl with no clue how much power she holds. I am so grateful to have been part of that journey in your life,"

By now, all eyes were on us. The twins, carried by Kol and Davina, were watching us intently as they silently giggled. Klaus began to kneel, my eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

"Persephone Forbes, will you start a whole new chapter with me?" In his hands was a velvet box, with a rosegold-band ring in it.

"Yes!"