Morning (Rupert x reader)

Request: Can I request a Rupert x reader where like it's a thing where they both go to the park and feed birds together and becoming friends and eventually come more and more and fall in love -anon

A/N: My fave birb boi is all I need from this life ♥

Warnings: None!

Word count: 1175

***

You loved birds. You loved sitting on the bench of the park near your home and feeding all the birds who came to you. They flew on you, they trusted you and that was all the love you needed in your previously lonely life. Morning air was crisp when you walked to the park and stayed there for hours. People called you as "that crazy bird person", because they never saw you with friends. Little did they know, birds were your friends. And therefore, you had loads of friends. Though, you sometimes kinda wanted a "real" friend. Someone you could talk to and who would answer to you.

***

He watched you every morning from a safe distance. He knew you weren't an android like him, so he didn't want to go straight away, to talk to you. But he had to admit, he was intrigued about your love towards birds. He saw you laugh and pet the birds, just like he did. He saw that the birds loved you. And the birds can feel it if someone is bad, can't they? So eventually, he decided to go and talk to you.

The wind blew gently as the birds continued flying on your hands and you reached out to take more seeds from the bag. Your smile faltered when you noticed that it was almost empty. You threw the last seeds from your bag to the ground and smiled sadly when all the birds raced to have at least one seed. After that, they looked at you with a hopeful look and your heart broke a little.

"Sorry guys. I'll come back tomorrow!" you placed a kiss on one of the pigeons and slowly stood up, starting to walk away.

"Wait!" you heard a man's voice from behind you, you frowned and turned around.

You saw a man with a cap, a thick army coat and he had a hoodie below that jacket. You tilted your head, it was a hot summer day coming and you had put on a t-shirt and shorts.

"Um, that's a quite thick clothing for these temperatures." you smiled a bit at him, he smiled back briefly and held a big bag of seeds out for you.

"I thought you could use some more seeds", he said, and you squinted your eyes at him.

"Is this some kind of a trick?" you asked, but he shook his head.

"No, I just love the birds too. Mind if I sit here with you?" you looked at the man's brown eyes, but couldn't see any smirk hiding there and there was not anyone else at the park, since it was so early at the morning. You then nodded.

You both sat down on the bench and you continued feeding the birds, feeling the man's gaze at you.

"So, what's your name?" you asked as you had about dozen birds on you, some were sleeping on your head and somewhere nuzzling your cheeks on your shoulders and some pecked the seeds on your hand. The man was quiet for a moment. He sighed softly.

"Rupert", he then said. "What's yours?"

"Y/N", you smiled at Rupert. "Nice to meet you, Rupert."

***

As the days went by, turning to weeks and months, you had developed a friendship with Rupert. You had learned that he was an android, but you didn't mind about that. He was still a nice person.

A cold winter morning shook you as you fed the birds with your android friend once again. Your thick winter coat didn't help much in this situation, but you could manage. Apparently, Rupert didn't think the same, because he took off his jacket and wrapped it around you. You smiled at him.

"Thank you, Ru." you said, placing a hand on his knee for a brief moment. You stared at his brown eyes with your own e/c eyes, before you ripped your gaze away from him, a slight blush rising on your cheeks. You knew you liked him. You just... couldn't say it to him, what would he think about you? And you didn't want to ruin your friendship. You still shivered, but not because of the cold. Because you just wanted to suppress your want to exclaim your feelings to him. It was not the right time, you had known each other only for half a year, it's not enough. He doesn't trust you enough yet.

"Are you still cold?" he asked and your eyes sprung to him.

"N-no. Or yeah. But I'll manage." you lied, he looked in your eyes for a moment and then his arm wrapped around your shoulders and he shuffled to be beside you.

"Better?" he asked and you could feel your blush darken.

"Thank you", you tried to keep your voice steady, but your answer was just a squeal and you could feel your blush darken even more. You laid your head on his shoulder, trying to say to yourself that this is entirely and completely platonic, and you didn't want to seem like you are avoiding him. He had no other intentions than keep you warm. Right?

Snow fell down from the sky slowly and gracefully and you would think the sight was even romantic. For you, anyway, as birds continued nuzzling you both, cooing happily even when there were no more seeds. They weren't just after the seeds anymore, they were genuinely your friends.

Suddenly, Rupert placed his hand on your own, turning it and intertwining his fingers with yours. You could feel your heart thrum on your chest and it felt like the whole Detroit heard your heartbeat. You flushed bright red, staring at your joined hands and looked up at Rupert. He brought his other hand to your chin and gently tilted your head up.

Wait. Was he doing what you thought he was doing?

Yes, he was, he kissed you really gently and you were sure to be dreaming. This couldn't be real. When he pulled away, his own cheeks had turned bright blue. His eyes flickered around your face, he was trying to find signs of you being upset or disgusted.

"I... have liked you for a while. Sorry for not telling you earlier." he said, glancing down your joined hands and gave your hand a gentle squeeze. You stared at him, your mouth opened a bit. What did he just say?

"I..." you cut your talk off right away and looked down. Your lips were twitching and you were ready to cry from joy.

"Did you like it?" he asked, whispering. You sucked in a shaking breath and nodded then.

"Yes, I did." you answered and smiled a little, getting a gradually widening smile from the brunette in return.

He pulled you into a long embrace, stroking your hair gently. You shook in his arms, you couldn't believe he liked you back. How?

And after the embrace, you shared the second kiss. And then you cuddled on the bench for the rest of the day.

And you were never cold again.