28- The Empress is Niao Niao

"Just because you have always been told to love him, doesn't mean you truly love him. Maybe it's just because you think you have to."

"..."

"Why don't you give me a chance, to make you fall for me?"

"That's impossible.. won't happen."

"So stubborn."

"I don't care!"

"Ugh, not even using honorific to this crown prince?"

Niao Niao only stare at him. That guy, he does not have any idea who am I, she thinks. She crossed her arm and pouts.

"If that's it, I'm going to go." Lian Tian jumps to the closest tree and disappear just like that.

"Eh?" How can he leave without saying anything? Isn't he's the one who is supposed to wait for her? Why is he leaving Niao Niao all alone. And he said that he likes her! Huh!

Niao Niao walks around the harem house. Seeing young maiden talking and playing happily, they are almost as fresh as the spring air. Yet so fragile as cherry blossom flowers. The flowers, they fall at their prettiest. But she will make sure, these girls are not going to suffer, not inside her harem.

Why it must be her? She sees her reflection on the pond, smiling to herself. Is this the right path? Is this really what she wants..

____

"Your majesty, let's change to this robe!" Bai Lu takes the initiative to prepare faster.

"Isn't it's too early? The sun haven't sets.." the emperor peeks out to see outside his window.

"This servant thinks that the empress will be impressed if your majesty come earlier." Bai Lu lead him to walk out of his study and go to the dragon chamber.

"This emperor just met her a few hours ago, I might as well live there if this is the case." The emperor complains but still changing his clothes.

Bai Lu gives him a small box of red ginseng and prepares to send him off.

Seeing Bai Lu doesn't follow him, the emperor asks. "You are not going with me?"

"There's no need for this servant to follow your majesty, it's not a state problem."

Why is the emperor so nervous? What is he so nervous for?

Seeing the emperor's hesitation, Bai Lu smiles. The emperor is so bad at this.

"Your majesty?" Bai Lu calls him.

"Y-yes?" The emperor is startled.

"Let's go.."

"I thought you are not going."

"This servant changes his mind." a little smirk forms on his face.

"Okay."

They walk to the Phoenix Palace, not far from his own. The guards in front of the palace greet the emperor and let him in. By the same time, a young guard runs his life to find Mumu.