Chapter 2

Uriah POV

Four helped me learn how to hide my divergence and I passed initiation! Tris came in first and I'm so happy for her. I'm trying to find her in the crowd to congratulate her.

Finally I spot her. She's standing next to Christina and Four. Then the worst thing happened. She kissed Four! I stood there shocked and hurt for a second then I turned around and left.

I can't believe this! I wanted to ask her out today too. Why would she kiss that shuck face? l found my self walking by the Chasm so I sat down, wrapped my arms around the bar, and put my forehead on my arms.

Tris POV

After kissing Four I could tell Christina was bursting with questions and I didn't feel like answering them at the moment so I told them I was gonna go find Uriah to congratulate him.

After looking for a while I came to the conclusion that he left already. I wasn't ready to go back to Christina and her many questions so I left the room to try and find him. I'll check his apartment first then if he's not there I'll check by the Chasm.

Uriah POV

About 10 minutes later I decide I should probably go back to my apartment soon. But before I can stand up or even move an inch from the way I've been sitting since I got here I hear a soft voice say my name. I lift my head from my arms and look in the direction the voice came from. Tris is standing there.

"Hey." I say weakly just noticing that I have been crying while sitting here. I turn my head back around and put my chin on my arms. She walks over to me and sits down.

"What's wrong?" She asks. I stay quiet so she continues. "Come on you can tell me." I look at her again then turn my head back. I took a deep breath.

"I saw you kissing Four." I say softly.

"What did you say?" she asks. I guess I said it so softly she didn't hear.

"I saw my crush kissing someone." I say looking at her. She gives me a sad look. "I was planing on asking her out tonight too." I say looking away.

"Can you tell me who you had a crush on now?" She asks.

"Tell me when you started getting all kissy kissy with Four." I said looking at her.

"A couple days ago." She says. I turn my head away again and feel a tear roll down my cheek. "So are you gonna tell me or not." She asks.

"It doesn't matter anymore she obliviously has a boyfriend." I say.

"What if she belongs with you but she thinks she belongs with that guy?" She says. I think about what she said for a second. I lift one of my hands to wipe away my tears. Then turn my head back to face her. Then without thinking I lean in and kiss her. She's shocked for a second then the unthinkable happens. She starts kissing back! I lift my hand to put it on her cheek and she puts her hands in my hair.

"Tris?" We pull apart to see Four standing there with a hurt expression on his face. It makes me feel guilty but I don't have any regrets. Tris stands up.

"Four." She says softly.

"What's going on here?" He asks.

"I...uh...well..." Tris stammers. Four walks off.

"I'm so sorry Tris." I say. She turns back to face me.

"No it's okay. That kiss made me realize that I would rather be with you than him." She says with a small smile. I can't help but smile. Then she pulls me up and we are kissing again. This day couldn't get any better.