8. In A New Light

I noticed that most of you are not happy with Zahim scenes. Guys! Let me have you know I haven't written any Zahim scenes yet! They both are still very much na mehram to each other and interaction between them is NOT ALLOWED! I don't know which part of the world you live in but in India, it isn't 'that' difficult to stay out of na mehram's hair. Both our MCs are practicing Muslims ( at least in the na mehram aspect ). How on earth would they know what's happening with the other when they aren't even looking at each other? That was the reason why the other isn't mentioned much when in one's POV. I hope it makes sense. Everything will come in due time but sabr! Sabr!

****

We have certainly created man in the best of stature.

[ At Tin : 4 ]

📚📚📚📚📚

"I can't believe you rang me up just to tell me this!"

"What's there in it to not believe?"

"Stop pretending as if you don't know what it is that I'm talking about."

"I honestly don't know what has gott--"

"Do you want me to word it out aloud then?"

"Do me a favour and go ahead."

"Eshaaal."

"Zahraaa."

"Eshaal!" Zahra snapped.

"Seriously dude! Take a chill pill. Why are you getting all riled up now?"

"Because you are acting like a child Eshaal, that's why."

Calm down Zahra, calm down. Calm down.

"You are being unreasonable and irritating and inconsiderate and impulsive. To top it all, you're acting childish. Very very childish."

There was silence on the other end of the line causing instant guilt to wash over her for having yelled at her companion of all these years. Zahra tried forcing a ragged breath into her lungs and sank onto her bed struggling to reign in her agitation. "If you really wanted to give the kids the goodies you and Manha had apparently won in some contest", she tried again in a much calmer tone, "you would have made it a point of coming over yourself."

"I would have loved to come over, you have no idea how much but please try to understand yaar. My in-laws are coming over for the weekend. As it is they hardly ever visit us and it would be rude on my part if I'm not home for the duration of their stay."

"Well in that case, the goodies could have waited until Tanvir's family had gone back and you were free again."

"You know that it's the exam week at the centre, Zahra. You know as well as I do that I'd be loaded with work to do! I would be too busy to make it even for the next two weeks. Moreover, I've been having those packages in my house for over five days now and I really don't want to cause any further delay in delivering all those exciting stuff--"

"--and parceling your brother along with them."

"Dude!" Eshaal gasped.

"What? Am I not telling the truth? Isn't that what you are actually aiming at? When you knew very well that you would not be able to make it to deliver the gifts yourself to the ones you truly wanted to gift them to, I'd say you shouldn't have signed up for the contest at all."

Eshaal fell silent again.

"All these acts of yours have an underlying intention Eshaal. Don't for a second think that I'm oblivious to them all, I'm not a fool! I let it go the last time you turned up with your brother but it's too much of a coincidence for him to keep happening upon me, don't you think? Even a madman would be able to see what you're trying to do. Even a madman! Did you really think I wouldn't catch up on it?"