22. Against My Will

[Edited]

"What am I doing here? You're so stupid y/n!" 

I've cursed myself harshly over and over again the whole drive here. Now I stand planted on the top step, legs bouncing in place in a huge debate whether to fight or flight.

I knew hearing Namjoon out would be a bad idea. This is literally why I wanted to avoid him at all costs.

Because I would end up feeling guilty. Guilty that I left behind the man I loved because I couldn't put up with his shit anymore. I couldn't watch him destroy himself any longer. 

So I left.

 'I feel selfish. Selfish and guilty.'

I brought a fist up to knock again, my breath coming out in heaves at the feeling of being in front of the front door I used to not have to knock at all; the home I once called my own.

I lowered my hand and sighed, not bothering to knock a second time. Right as I was about to turn on my heel the door swung open.

"Tsh, can I help you?"

It wasn't Taehyung.

It was her.

 I stood frozen in place as a chill ran up my back, despite the fuzzy sweater covering my shoulders. I stared at her for what felt like forever, not really sure of what to make of the situation.

"I said can I help you?" I could tell she automatically knew who I was by the angry sneer on her face, how she sized me up with a condescending look in her eyes.

What does one do in a situation like this? The man I finally decided to give a chance to speak with, allow him to tell his side of the story is home, home with the woman he cheated on me with. A mixture of emotions churned deep inside me, hate, disgust, sadness, and if I'm being honest, a tiny hint of jealousy.