5 // red solo cup.

michael timed everything perfectly. it had to be. this wasn't a small thing, it was his birthday party, with nico included.

he was correct when it came to his friend setting everything up. she had everything ready, and he felt himself smile as he watched her putting up the rest of the things. he knew that she'd had a crush on him, for almost years now.

his friend turned around, smiling at him. he smiled back at her, and she spoke up. "michael." she chirped, clothed in a long woolly jumper and stonewashed jeans. michael greeted her back, before raising an brow at her choice in clothing.

"don't give me that look, michael," she pouted at him jokingly, elbowing his ribs. "i'm changing soon. before everyone arrives."

"i'm bringing a special guest, whom I have to pick up," michael informed his friend. she grinned at him, wiggling her eyebrows. "oh, really?" michael laughed out loud, and shook his head.

"i'll need to borrow your car, though," michael said sheepishly, and his friend waved her hand dismissively. "take it."

"i'll be back soon," michael called, tugging on his shirt as he skipped to the door like a small child, letting himself out, and closing the door behind him.

after a short car ride, michael was at parahmore road. and there was nico. she was wearing a short dress that hugged her curves, and nearly made michael's eyes pop out of his head. she looked great.

he stopped short next to her, and she grinned at him as he got out and opened her door for her, like the gentleman he was.

soon, they had arrived at the party. things were in full blast now, and michael could see his friend dragging along a boy roughly his age around. the boy was wearing ripped skinny jeans and a distressed band shirt.

he drank a bit, but kept a sharp eye on nico. she seemed out of place, her eyes darting around nervously, and squealing when someone bumped into her.

her phone rang. she picked it up, and flinched at the voice erupting at the end. "nico," michael called her name, but she twisted away from him, and when he touched her wrist she pulled it back harshly.

"i have to go," nico told michael, moments later. "i'm sorry i've been a killjoy."

she pushed and shoved through the crowd, until she disappeared. and michael wondered who exactly scared her into leaving.

michael's friend's identity will be revealed soon :-)