When You Protect Him

Kai
You and Kai are on your way back from the movies when a masked figure jumps out and blocks your path. Kai quickly puts himself between you and the figure, and you all stare at each other.

"Listen, we don't want any trouble." Kai says slowly backing up.

"You were asking for trouble when you threw me in jail." Says the masked figure taking a swing at Kai.

Kai pushes you back, and dodges the attacker's punch. The attacker becomes off balance, and Kai takes the opportunity to kick him in the stomach. Unfortunately, he saw it coming, and grabs Kai's leg, pulling Kai off balance, and causing him to crash to the ground. Kai lays there and groans, while the attacker pulls a knife out from his robe.

"Hey! Back off!" You say stepping towards the attacker.

"OOO! I'm totally scared. I'm shaking in my boots." He laughs with an evil glimmer in his eyes.

"You better be," you say getting into a fighting stance, "because I'm gonna kick your butt."

You hear Kai groan in pain again, and the attacker laughs.

"Yeah, right. I don't fight girls anyways."

"Why? Afraid you'll get your butt kicked?" You smirk.

He glares at you before taking a swipe at you. You quickly dodge his attack and take a swipe at his legs, which he dodges. As he takes a jab at you, you grab ahold of his wrist, pull him towards you, and kick the side of his knee out. He groans in pain, and falls to the ground. You kick the knife away, and turn around to help Kai to his feet.

"You'll regret doing that! This isn't the last you'll see of me!" The attacker says between groans of pain.

"Sure we will." You mutter, helping Kai back to the monastery.

"I could've handled him. I was just stunned for a hot second." Kai smirks.

You shake your head and slap him upside the head.

"Ow! What was that for?" He asks rubbing the back of his head.

You remain silent as you walk through the monastery doors, stop by the freezer to grab an ice pack, and lead him up to his room. He sits on the bed and holds the ice pack on his head.

"You never answered me." He says as you start to walk out of his room.

"What?"

"I asked what the slap was for."

"You know what." You smirk and walk out the door.

Jay
"Jay watch out!" You scream as you see Nadakhan bring his sword down.

Jay jumps back, but still gets cut by his sword. He hisses in pain, but gets into a fighting stance, glaring at Nadakhan. Nadakhan chuckles evilly, and brings up his sword, ready to fight.

"You never know when to quit." Nadakhan chuckles.

You run in front of Jay, get your sword out, and get into a fighting position, earning another chuckle from Nadakhan. You glare at him, waiting for him to make his move. He smirks and brings his sword down. You block it with your sword, and he continues to push down, thinking he is stronger, but you push back with just as much resistance.

"(Y/N) stop! I don't want you to get hurt." Jay says stepping up beside you, and putting a hand on your shoulder.

Nadakhan glances over to where Jay is before breaking the fight with you, and striking at Jay. You push Jay back, causing him to stumble and fall. You stand over Jay and block another one of Nadakhan's attacks.