Chapter 5

Cookie rocked Bella in her arms. The little girl was in need of a nap. She was fussy. Even the dog was asleep. Hakeem sat to her right in a love seat. He scrolled through his phone cheesing for whatever damn reason. Tiana was sleep at home. Andre was doing whatever an Andre does. Lucious of course sat next to his wife texting back and forth with Thirsty.

Cookie groaned hearing her phone buzz. Picking it up she saw a text from Porsha telling her to turn on her Tv. Doing so she pulled up the channel Porsha sent. She hoped it wasn't nothing stupid or so help her. Cookie was gonna choke her to sleep. As she saw the face on the screen Porsha escaped her untimely death. Lucious's eyes were already looking at the screen.

Meanwhile....

None other then Eddie Barker stood in front of press, with board members behind him. To his right Kelly Patel. He cleared his throat and started speaking.

"After a very time consuming search we at Empire have decided we no longer need to look for a new CEO. We have decide that I will step up to the plate and run this company as it should be ran." Eddie declared looking over the crowd. His announcement being broadcasted on TV.

"I think we've had enough set backs. It's time to take a leap forward. Empire has come to new light. My first move as CEO will be as follows. 20 for 20 will be released one month from today." He spoke.

This announcement took board members by surprised. No such talks were had. 20 for 20 wasn't set to release for 3 months. Finishing up his announcement, he dismissed all questions. The board followed him into the conference room.

"What the hell was that?" Edna snapped. Eddie simply sat in the head chair and looked at his board.

"That was me making moves. Empire is gonna make some changes. Starting with production. The faster we get our music out, the faster we make money." Eddie smiled.

"Where do you plan to get the funds for such a heavy push?" Another board member questioned. Eddie twirled a pencil in his hand.

"Easy, liquidate Bridge to Empire." Eddie stated. They gasped.

"That's a charity for at risk teens." Edna spoke.

"I know. We need this. You guys are the one who demanded I find a CEO that can get Empire back on its feet. Right now that's me. I'm doing what's right for this company. Lackluster things such as that are not priority." Eddie snapped. The room grew silent.

"Next it's gonna be our charity for Make a wish." Lenard spoke, Eddie flashed him a smile.

"Liquidate that too. It's all about Empire as if right now." He spoke, looming at the awestruck faces.

"Becky!" He called. Becky appeared in the crowd, putting on a fake smile.

"Yes Mr.Baker." She responded.

"See to it that all Artist and Producers know it is game time. We are going full steam ahead." He stated. She nodded.

"Yes sir." She responded then exited the room.

"As for the rest of you, I'd find something productive and improving to do." Eddie spoke before striding out of the room. He heard the rushed click of heels.

"Where have you been?" He snapped smelling a fimilar perfume.

"I have better things to do then be on your arm all day." Giselle responded with attitude.

"How did it go though?" She spoke giving him her attention.

"Fine. Running this company is not what I had in mind but it gives me something to do." He muttered.