26

I let myself back into the flat a little earlier than Ronan and I had arranged, so I quickly grabbed a drink and started getting myself ready to go. I'd never teleported before, so I wasn't quite sure how it would go. I shoved the piece of paper with the prophecy on it in my bag, just as Ronan appeared in my room.

"Ready to go?" He asked.

"I think so." I said, looking round the room to see if I needed to take anything else. "I don't need to bring anything, do I?"

"I don't think so. Only the prophecy." He said.

"Got that." I tapped my bag, and threw it on my back.

"Okay, then." Ronan said, and was just about to grab my arm.

"Wait!" I said quickly. "I have a question."

"What?" Ronan asked.

"Do I need to do anything when you teleport?"

"No." He said.

"So you know where you're going?"

"I believe so, yes."

"So, if I think of some place different to you, we're not gonna end up splitting off in different directions and losing limbs and stuff?"

"No."

"But what if-"

"Millie." Ronan interrupted me. "I can assure you that teleporting with me is completely safe. You might feel a little dizzy on your first couple of journeys, but that's normal. Just relax, and let me do the work."

I sighed, heart racing. I was nervous to say the least. "Okay." I said.

"Ready?" Ronan asked.

I nodded. "Ready."

Ronan grabbed my arm, and I felt my feet leave the ground before the room surrounding me vanished. Then, another scene seemed to explode around me, and my feet hit the solid ground. I would have fallen over if it weren't for Ronan holding my arm tightly, as for a moment my legs felt like jelly and my head was spinning.

"You good?" Ronan asked, holding me up.

I took a deep breath, and began to feel normal almost straight away. "Yeah."

I looked up then, and realised we were now in my village, only a short walk from Stella's house.

"Quick, I don't want anyone seeing me." I said. "Otherwise they'll insist to my mum that they saw me and she'll get very confused."

Ronan didn't ask questions as we quickly walked through Stella's front gate, out of sight of anyone save for the residents of Stella's house.

I knocked on the door, and waited until a man answered- I presumed that this was Stella's husband. He was only a little bit taller than I was, and had short brown hair and glasses on.

He smiled. "Can I help you?" He asked.

"Is Stella in?" I asked.

"No, she's out at the moment." The man said. "Can I help at all?"

"Hmm." I said. "I don't think so. Do you know when she'll be back?"

"She shouldn't be too long." He said.

I smiled. "Okay, well when she gets back, could you tell her that Millie called by and needs to speak to her?"

"Wait, Millie?" He asked. "As in, Millie Millie?"

"Um, I guess so?" I laughed.

He chuckled. "Sorry, I mean, Stella has told me about you. About your abilities and things."