↳ TWENTY-EIGHT

DESPITE MORE OR less winning last night's drinking game and therefore having the least alcohol in her body, Izzy certainly needed some care after the wild party, her words melting together and laughter much louder than necessary — but eve...

         DESPITE MORE OR less winning last night's drinking game and therefore having the least alcohol in her body, Izzy certainly needed some care after the wild party, her words melting together and laughter much louder than necessary — but even if Diane could barely figure out what she was rambling on about, she could tell that her daughter had had a good time and the joy stretching her lips to a point where her cheeks ached wasn't just because of the drinking. She hadn't even had that much to drink, in the end, but shots tended to have an effect on Izzy, leaving her exhausted and with blank spaces throughout her mind. Nonetheless, even if stumbling into a fast food restaurant with Maze in the middle of the night and feeding each other fries was going to feel like a strange dream in the morning, the woman had fallen asleep with a content smile on her lips and soft snores quickly filling the room.

          As far as farewell celebrations went, Lux and Lucifer had delivered.

         And when the sun finally rose entirely and Thor was begging for her mom to get up and pay attention to him, Isadora was one hundred percent grateful for the day-off she hadn't even remembered, not until the disoriented state took her down like a tidal wave. She hadn't crossed the line over drunk, leaving out nausea and the headache, but in her post-shots unraveling, the bed seemed quite tempting. However, when the greasy smell of bacon lingered in from the kitchen, both Izzy and Thor were up on their feet in a snap of fingers.

          "Have a good night?", Diane wondered in amusement, lips quirked up as she slid more breakfast onto Isadora's empty plate, and smiling up in satisfaction, the woman could only nod.

          "Really good. I hope Lux doesn't get demolished, but if it does, then that was about as epic as a party can get. And, now I officially know Maze's favorite pastime activities so, a win", Izzy shrugged, before digging into the goods she was desperate to have in her stomach. With a mouth full, she then continued, "I think at some point we went into another bar and sang Bicycle Race on karaoke? I don't really remember that, but if that happened, then we might have made the world's best duet", her fork pointing at Diane, who laughed and nodded.

          It truly had been an eventful night, and feeling closer to Maze than ever was not a bad sensation to experience, either. In fact, it was making Izzy's heart flutter, knowing that the words in love had been thrown around, even if neither had admitted anything too concrete. But just talking about it was progress, a lot of it, and it was giving Izzy a boost of motivation.

          And when she couldn't go to work and help Chloe solve the case, she made the most of her day-off and reminisced the previous night by listening to the songs she could remember and worked on her own case. Well, not her case, but the one Dan had given her, the one she was rather close to cracking wide open, a few phone calls away from surprising the man with a victory. The guilt in her had been silenced when she had reminded herself that it didn't mean anything had to be done about it, she was simply figuring out all the facts, not making any decisions. Those decisions, well, they were the youngest Espinoza's to make.