Chapter 16

You wake up the next day with the biggest grin on your face, you couldn't help your fluttering heart as your mind starts the day off with the image of the person you love most in the world, you felt like you were in middle school again.

You quickly bolt out of bed and get dressed for school, you made sure your hair looked at perfect as possible, and you rushed into the kitchen to grab a light breakfast. Needless to say, you were excited.

You practically scarfed down your food and ran to go brush your teeth. You pull your phone out and play music as you dance while brushing your teeth. Nothing could ruin your mood today,

Because you get to see Hobi.

You finish brushing your teeth and go to put your shoes on, you grab your back and practically break your front door down as you see CiCi's car.

She rolls down her window and sticks her head out, "Get in, loser! We're going to pick up your man!" You shake your head and quickly hop into the back seat of her car. You say good morning to her and Taehyung as CiCi begins to go to Hoseok's.

"You have no idea how salty Namjoon became after you left," Taehyung exaggerates as he leans his head back, "He kept badgering me, asking me if you would ever come back."

"Why does he want me back?" Taehyung shrugs as he closes his eyes.

"Dunno, maybe he likes having someone he can talk to?"

"Do you not talk to him?" Taehyung shakes his head and pokes CiCi's cheek.

"I'm always with this one," You watch as CiCi's grin spreads as she glances from the road to him.

"If you want to stay home then don't get in my car every time I say I'm going for a drive." She says and you laugh softly at Taehyung's squawking.

"I like being with you!" Taehyung whines, "It's so much better than being home! I get bored, Namjoon is too smart for me—"

"And I'm not?" CiCi jokes as she pushes her glasses up further on her nose.

"You know how to dumb it down for me, he doesn't, he's a walking modern day philosopher, it's so weird." Taehyung groans as he rubs his forehead, "There are just some days I wish he could be stupid for a change, but that only happens when he tries to cook... or when he breaks everything he touches."

"He's that clumsy?" You ask in disbelief and Taehyung snorts out a laugh.

"He broke a brand new pair of sunglasses just by trying to put them on. The leg popped right off," Taehyung made a popping noise as he pretends to break imaginary glasses, "Or the other time when he broke my lamp by trying to put in a new lightbulb, I was so pissed. That thing cost a fortune."

"Maybe you should start doing things yourself," You grin as Taehyung lazily looks over to you.

"Why do you think Jin and I are the only ones who cook?" You quirk your brow, you figure Jin must be the friend that Namjoon had been talking about. You remember Taehyung had mentioned his name before, months ago.

"Who is this 'Jin'? Is he nice?" Taehyung nods his head a small smile forms on his lips.

"He's like an older brother to me," Taehyung says, "If you do get to meet him, challenge him to Mario Kart or any Mario game, he'll love you instantly."

You take mental note as CiCi begins to pull into Hoseok's driveway. You smile as you exit the car and walk up to the front door, your heart pounds in your chest as you quickly knock on the door.

The door swings open and Hoseok's mother stands in the doorway. You immediately bow and smile.

"Good morning Mrs. Jung, is Hoseok here? My friends and I were going to give him a ride to school." You say politely and the woman gives you a soft smile.