I Fell in Love With a Monster

•New York City, Present Day •

After I told my story, Abigail couldn't even look at me. Everything she believed before just got wiped out of her mind. Obviously, Katherine told her something different and she had believed it. At that point, I wanted to know what all Katherine had told her and how much she believed it.

"I didn't know that." Abigail said softly and then she looked up at me. "She said that you had a one night stand basically."

I rolled my eyes, "And let me guess, I had a one night stand because I got drunk due to having a mental break down that day." My sister looked at me confused, probably wondering how I knew that. "That was always the story for Katherine when she couldn't come up a good enough story on her own. And people would believe it because they would never believe the girl who supposedly had the break down." I crossed my arms, "And you were saying before?"

Abby hesitated, before shaking her head. She was having a mental battle in her head weather or not to tell me. Just like she used to when we were kids.

"Abby, you won't hurt me with what she had to say about me. I'm a big girl now."

My twin let a loud sigh, "She watched you."

Now it was my turn to look at her confused, "What? What do you mean she watched me?"

"In Philadelphia, before you got the fever. She saw you walking through the woods, the day you ran away from me." I slowly found myself falling into the chair next me, astonished by the information that my twin was telling me. "When you had stopped at our house, she was going to kill you right then and there, but then I opened the door and brought you inside."

My mind was all over the place, but the things that she was saying were adding up. Before Abby had opened the door, I heard a noise out in the distance, a twig snapping to be correct. And to add on to that, how exactly did Katherine know I was in that house all by myself when I got the fever? Katherine was never the type to go wondering about houses trying to kill people, it was too much work for her.

"According to Katherine, she listened in our conversation and was very interested in you. She saw you as someone who was weak, and you know how she is. Weak equals power to her." My sister continued. "Every now and then she would check up on you. In which she saw what Mother did to you and she knew it was only a matter of time before you would snap."

I stared at my sister, "I was a target for her." My twin slowly nodded, and tears filled my eyes. I was suppose to be her lunch, not her best friend. I wasn't even suppose to be here. Katherine saved me because I was weak and easy for her to control. Overall, I was hurt. I fell in love with a monster, who initially wanted to kill me and then who used me.

I took in a deep breath, and held back my tears. Katherine wasn't worth my tears any more. "Anything else she would have never told me?" I paused and stood up from the chair I basically had fallen into. "Did she ever tell you why she put me in the tomb? With the others?" Once again, Abby slowly nodded and I threw my hands up into the air, frustrated. "And I'm suppose to be her best friend."

Abby stared at me before shaking her head. "No, I think it is best if I don't tell you."

I sighed and sat down on the couch next to her again. "Did she tell you about my feelings for her?" She nodded. "Do you think it is possible for me to forget about her? I don't think I could bare living another day knowing Katherine will always be on my mind."

Abby shook her head, "I don't think you will ever be able to get over her, because both of us know you do anything for her, even if that meant taking your own life."

"Why am I like this?"

"Because she was the first person who really paid attention to you." I gave her a confused look. "As a family, we never did. Father was too busy with his well being, Mother just hated you so much, and I was busy with other things, even though you were my twin. When you meet Katherine, she actually paid attention and noticed the little things about you. Things, that even I wouldn't be able to notice."