25. Mission Impossible

[Edited]

Jin could never do anything simple.

I'm not sure why I let him convince me that the best way to talk with Jungkook would be at his office instead of just waiting for him at home.

"I have the perfect plan, don't worry," he had said as he searched through the racks of clothes in the store he pretty much dragged me to. 

It didn't make any sense but I let my best friend tell me otherwise. "It would also be some pretty kinky makeup sex." That earned him a good smack to the back of the head.

I'm also not sure why I let Jin dress me up in a pencil skirt and white button up silk blouse to pretend to be his personal assistant.

'This can't end well... '

"They're not going to let us in without an appointment. Do you even know how major Jungkook's company is?" When I shook my head Jin groaned in irritation. "Its a multi billion dollar luxury apparel company you idiot!  They're up there with Dior, Chanel, Louis Vuitton! They don't just let anyone walk in off the street and meet with the Jeons." 

"I've never even seen a pair of red bottoms in my entire life. How do you expect me to know who he is?! I have no idea what to say when we get there!"

He held up a pair of black heels to finish the outfit. "Don't worry. That's why you have me!"

I walked behind Jin, staring up at the large looming corporate building that stood much taller than all the surrounding buildings in the city, the outside covered to the top in mirrored windows. My heart felt like it was about to leap out of my throat as we entered through the automatic sliding glass doors.

Jin was clearly in his element, being as he also owned a successful business. 

He walked confidently through the security with his hands stuffed inside his suit pants pockets, quietly humming to himself as I followed closely behind, a complete contrast to Jin's confident form. 

My pony tail swung back and forth as I struggled to walk in the high heels Jin forced me to wear, sweat beginning to bead up on the back of my neck as we walked through the metal detectors. 

I never really paid attention to luxury brands, or clothes in general, so I couldn't say I really knew much about his family's corporation other than what Jungkook has told me himself.

I did know how hard Jungkook worked despite having no interest in taking on the family business whatsoever. He always left me at home to go to multiple meetings during the day, even a few at night, so his business must be very successful. I also know he has an older sister that designed many of the pieces to the new collection dropping next month, but he never said much else.

I frowned to myself as we finally reached the front desk, snapping out of my thoughts as Jin cleared his throat at the young receptionist behind the dark granite counter.

"How can I help you, Sir?" the lady asked robotically, her smile polite yet fake altogether.

"I'm here to meet with Mr. Jeon," he said in a conceited manner while checking his nails, not even sparing her a glance.

"Your name, Sir?" She began typing on the computer in front of her.

"Kim. Kim Seokjin."

She continued to type but I saw the slight twitch in Jin's fingers as we waited; he was starting to get anxious.

"I'm sorry Sir, but I don't see your name scheduled for any of his appointments. Maybe-- "

Suddenly Jin turned in my direction, his glare stunning me into a confused daze. "You idiot!" Jin shouted at me and my mouth dropped open in shock as a few people, also in their fancy suits, glanced in our direction. "Why do you never follow any of my orders correctly you pig?!" 

Both me and the lady exchanged a glance, gulping simultaneously.

"You're completely useless! I should just fire you! I don't care if you have to pay for your mother's surgery with this job!" Jin raised his hand and for a moment I thought he was really going to slap me.

"Wait!" The receptionist quickly typed on her computer again but faster this time, almost desperately. "I see that Mr. Jeon has an opening at 1:30p.m. Maybe that was supposed to be your appointment. Don't worry, I'll put you in right now."

Jin sighed in fake relief. "Ahh, thank you for understanding."

And with that we were given our passes to enter into the Jeon's corporation.

--

"Was that really necessary though?!" I lashed out as soon as the elevator doors closed.

"Yes it was necessary, idiot! We wouldn't have been able to get through without an appointment, I already told you this! I know from being a business owner myself, you can't just walk in willy nilly and demand to see Jungkook like you seem to think. In business time is money, you could be the Queen of England and still need an appointment, honey."

I rolled my eyes and went back to focusing on calming my breathing, nails picking nervously at skin. "This is the dumbest idea I think you've ever had," I grumbled and Jin snorted.

"I'll take that thank you in cash please. Along with an oscar for that amazing performance."

"We'll see about that. If this doesn't work and I've lost Jungkook forever, you're gonna pay," I threatened.

Jin continued to smile. "Wow, you really are head over heels in love with-- OUCH! You little-- " Jin had no time to slap me back as the elevator doors opened with a ding.

As the doors opened we were met with more fluorescent lights and white walls. On this floor there were lines and lines of desks that stretched across the whole room, people running around with papers and clothing racks, color swatches, and the blurred sound of mumbles into phones. I continued to follow Jin as we made our way through the mass of busy employees who were too caught up in making the company money to notice our existence.

As we traveled farther down the hall the noises began to dissipate.

"Are you sure this is the right floor?" I whispered nervously as we turned a corner.

"The receptionist said this is the floor he's on. I mean it's the top floor of the building, we can't go any higher," Jin mumbled back but for the first time since we arrived he finally looked a bit lost and out of place himself.

"Wow, Kook really does run a massive company. I mean, this is... wow." He shook his head slowly in shock as we continued down the hall passed rooms with the doors completely closed.

"Great. We went through all of this shit just to-- oof!"

My face was met with a door on impact as it swung open faster than I could dodge out of the way. I landed on my butt and slapped my hand onto my forehead, trying to rub away the pain.

"Ouch! Son of a bitch!" I howled in agony as I already felt a bump starting to rise.

"Yah! Watch where you're-- y/n?"

A/N♡:

I want to say thank you for reading my story!

Please tell me in the comments what you think of it so far????

On to the next chapter 💜

-xoxo Kay