24: Doki Doki Forever

Wednesday

Varians Pov

As I walk to school a very enthusiastic yell calls out from behind me. The person yelling is calling out for me and running to their hearts content towards the intersection im standing at. The girl is Sayori. My best friend since childhood. She's a very cheerful person and her goal is to make everyone around her happy.

????
"1 w0n63r w5y"

Varians Pov

"Why didn't you wait for me or wake me up Varian. You know I sleep in alot!" Sayori complains as we walk towards our highschool. "Sayori I know how you are and we would be late if I did so, so I just started walking knowing you would catch up." I exclaim walking past a group of 3 girls just outside the school gates. After an awkward silence the bell rings and Sayori races off to her AC class.

After 2 periods of class have finished I stare mindlessly at the beaker infront of me full of pink goo. "Varian!" A voice shouts scaring me out of my trance. I look up to see sayori standing infront of the desk I'm at. "What have you been doing, the bell for break rang 5 minutes ago." She states with a smile. "Now what club are you going to join?" Club? What club? I never.......oooooohhhhhhhh right.... I need to choose a club to join this year. I guess I should never have made a bet with Sayori. "You should come to my club, Yuri made tea, Natsuki made cupcakes and I said yesterday that I was going to bring in a new member," Sayori lists down what happened and I shake my head laughing. "Never make promises you cant keep Sayori. Anyway lets go to this club." I laugh.

Sayori finally takes me to a door with the words Doki Doki Literature Club on a colourful piece of paper taped to the door. "Literature? Really." I question. "Stop being such a wining weiner varian." Sayori moans pushing me inside. "Our 5th member is here!"

Sayori yells causing 3 girls to look at me. "Really sayori, you brought a boy here!" A pink haired girl yells. "Natsuki be kind!" A girl with purple hair says softly. "Welcome to the doki dok literature club. Im (____) the club president, and you already know Sayori our vice president." A girl with (length) (colour) hair and (colour) eyes beams. Sayori clings to me in a big hug smiling. "Here we read, write, give speeches, share poems and listen to music. Feel free to help yourself to some cupcakes and tea Natsuki and Yuri made for us today!" (____) exclaims pointing to the pink and purple haired girls in the corner. "Okay so if this is literature club why do you include music listening?" I ask sitting at the big table, cupcake in hand, tea in front of me on the table. "(____) writes songs and sings them to us on the piano during club meetings." Yuri explains sipping her tea with a pinky out. "Yuri you don't need to be so formal," Natsuki moans in a bitter sweet tone. Sayori smiles at me and stuffs her face with cupcake.

Time passes and I have gotten to know the members of this club pretty well. All the girls are super cute and I always flush around each of them. Yuri is sophisticated, Natsuki is a hot head probably because of her size and (____) is sweet.

"Okay time for (____) to sing her song." Yells sayori. (____) blushes and walks to the piano in the front left corner of the room. "Please sing your reality!" Sayori pleads. "Yeah thats my favourite!" Natsuki agrees. "That would be most appreciated." Yuri asks. "Okay fine." (____) smiles and places her fingers on the keys.

"Every day, I imagine a future where I can be with you, In my hand is a pen that will write a poem of me and you.
The ink flows down into a dark puddle, Just move your hand write the way into his heart, But in this world of infinite choices, What will it take just to find that special day? What will it take just to find that special day?" (____) sings. I see Natsuki pick up an acoustic guitar and starts strumming. "Have I found everybody a fun assignment to do today, When you're here, everything that we do is fun for them anyway
When I can't even read my own feelings, What good are words when a smile says it all, And if this world won't write me an ending, What will it take just for me to have it all?" Sayori sways to the beat with me and smiles happily, but something felt off about the smile. I brush it away and sway with Sayori. "Does my pen only write bitter words for those who are dear to me? Is it love if I take you, or is it love if I set you free? The ink flows down into a dark puddle How can I write love into reality? If I can't hear the sound of your heartbeat
What do you call love in your reality? And in your reality, if I don't know how to love you, I'll leave you be" Natsuki finishes the song with one last strum of the guitar.