50

Surprisingly we woke up later in the morning than we had anticipated.

The day consisted of running errands and getting in quick sessions of skiing before we had to endure going back home to the old world that we lived in. As much as I sort of missed the place we called home, I didn't want to return to the constant array of cameras and publicity stunts that were always going to be set up on our doorstep.

My mom called at about midday to let me know that she was home safely and their flight had landed. She also mentioned that Axel won't stop sulking about his separation from York.

At around five p.m. Tristan suggested that we ordered room service for our last meal at the lodge. As much as I wanted to have some elaborate meal on our last night, something about Tristan had been off lately. I didn't want to cause conflict so I agreed with what he wanted. After all, he did put in plenty of extra money to improve the cabin that we had.

We looked through the menu and decided that we could still have nice food even if it was room service. Tristan called the dial up number as I played with York on the floor.

He rang multiple times after complaining about no phone service, and then complained that the number wasn't connecting. I rolled my eyes. He had been such a drama queen lately.

"Mae do you reckon you could go across to the main entrance and figure out our order?" he asked. He flung his body on the couch and switched on the television. Although my back was turned from the television, I noticed that SpongeBob's voice had begun on the channel he was on.

Was he serious? It was like negative ten degrees outside.

"Why can't you go?" I asked back, gesturing towards him lying on the couch.

"I've been packing all day. I'm tired."

He's tired? That makes two of us.

I thought back again to the grant he had most likely paid on the room. Although I was agitated, it would nearly pay him back for the cost of the room if I went to the entrance.

York followed me to the door with a confused look on her little face, and I had to stop her from running out in the snow when I opened the door. I threw my down jacket on before enduring the cold wind that was going to belittle me when I entered the outdoors.

I trudged up the snow hill angrily, towards the main building where the ski lodge situated. It was one big cabin with a bar and a café. It was also where people went to hire their ski boots. My feet were getting cold from the snow that was oozing into my shoes, and then my socks.

I felt instant relief when I entered the cabin and felt the warm air hit my face. I quickly closed the door behind me to stop the cold air from entering the building.

I had only been inside the cabin a few times, so despite knowing exactly what I was coming to do – I had no idea where I needed to go. I looked at the bar and noticed there were a few official looking people over there, so I made my way over to the timber colored bar.

"Just a scotch on the rocks," I heard a man say as I approached the bar. It was followed with a nod from the bartender who was dressed up in a fancy undercoat and black tie.

He drew attention to me when I placed my hands on the edge of the bar so that I could lean over and quietly ask him for directions. While I waited I noticed that I was acquiring a few stares from random individuals and at first I wondered if there was something on my face.

It wasn't until all the people sitting at the bar were giving me the same sort of look, I wondered if I was in the wrong place.

"Are you that girl... from that series?" one of the men asked me. He was slurring his words as he drunk a beer.