29. Everyone knows you don't do subtle

So, again I'm trying to get back on a more regular updating schedule, but I have been busy also working on bonus chapters for Agent 57, which I hope to post soon.

Anyways, Enjoy!

Thirteen's POV

Lily lets out another strangled sound and looks like she's seriously debating the consequences of killing Jackson in such a public place. And if I had to take a guess based off her facial expression, the consequences don't look like they're going to be stopping her.

Jackson rolls his eyes at her. "Look," He says as he knocks back his drink. "when I said she had it coming, I meant it. This is the kind of girl who walks all over people to get what she wants and doesn't care who she leaves bloodied up and stomped on in her wake. She's a literal demon sent from hell below and even though she's innocent in all the shit her father does, she's the most awful human being in the universe."

"I don't care!" Lily shouts at him and a few heads turn our way at her outburst. Once they lock eyes with the glare I'm sending them though, they turn away quickly and don't look back. "Who do you think you are treating that poor girl that? For that matter, who do you think you are treating another human being like that?"

Jackson lets out an over exaggerated sigh. "I already told you, that Witch isn't human. She's a demon from the depths of hell."

Lily lets out another unrecognizable sound, which kind of sounds like a war cry and launches herself into Jackson. He goes flying from the force of her and they both crash into the floor, knocking barstools down with them.

Jackson's got his hands covering his face as Lily is pounding her fists into him. I watch with amusement and notice Sam shaking his head, his lips twitching as if he wants to smile but doesn't.

"Aren't you going to do something about that?" Chase questions, his voice echoing through the earpiece. I shrug and I hear him let out an exasperated sigh.

It's only when Lily gets her hands around Jackson's neck and he starts turning red that I feel the need to separate them. I look at Sam and he shoots me a deadpan look before hooking his arms around Lily and pulling her off Jackson.

Jackson's gasping for breath on the floor, his eyes practically bulging out of his head, and Lily struggles in Sam's arms to throw herself back on Jackson to finish the job.

Sam whispers something to her that I don't catch and she finally starts to relax and calm down. There's a frown on her face as she stares at Jackson, who's still on the floor, and then Sam whispers something else. She nods and he releases her.

"I'm good now," She says, adjusting her dress and a running a hand through her hair. She turns her attention back to Sam. "It better be a damn big cake," She grumbles.

Sam raises his eyebrows at her and a small smile spreads across his face. He gives her a salute and she smiles.

She settles herself back onto a stool and looks down at Jackson. "Get your ass up off the floor," She orders and he looks at her as if she's completely lost her mind. I, however, am trying my best not to laugh.

His hair is completely disheveled, his suit is rumbled and parts of it are ripped, his shoes are scuffed, he's got a couple small cuts on his cheek, and he's got a look of horror plastered across his face whenever he looks at Lily.

I don't even need the earbud to hear Devin laughing from the other side of the room.

I hold out a hand and help Jackson back to his feet and he takes a moment to "stumble" into me and press himself up against me, shooting me a flirty smile in the process. Before I even get the chance to break his nose again, he's grabbed by the back of his suit, yanked away, and forcefully shoved down onto a bar stool.