Chapter 42

"Hurry your asses up!" I hear my Uncle Leo yell barely above the sound of gunfire and shouts. 

"Calm yourself, you old man! We are hurrying!" Dante responds as he presses his foot down even more on the gas pedal. I watch alarmingly as the speedometer hits over 100 mph. 

I cross my fingers and hope that we don't run into anything and get in a fatal accident. 

"I can see your overactive imagination boiling in that head of yours. We will be fine! I'm a great driver!" My uncle drifts his attention on me for a few seconds before glancing back at the road. I test my seat belt to make and grab onto something just in case. 

Dean and Kayla crack a small smile at my reaction as they still appear unfazed. It must come from experience. 

Dante starts slowing down as we reach the closest town to the meeting area. Dean takes over the driving as Dante and I hop out. We look around for some sort of transportation that will match the motorcyclists. Dozens of civilians scurrying around us. Dante taps my shoulder to cover up my face with my desert head scarf. We try to remain nonchalant as we sharply observe our surroundings. The place is a little rundown but there's still outdoor market and businesses open. 

By this time, Dean and the rest of them have driven off. I nudge my head to a tavern that has a lot of bikes nearby. It looks like the local biker gang. I don't think I have seen such a stereotypical scene as if it is pulled directly from a movie. 

Dante chuckles. "You're crazy. We need to be efficient and not start an all-out biker gang war." He tilts his head for me to follow him. We wander down an alley as I rush to follow his quick paces. Despite knowing that he has never been here, he acts confidently with every stride and navigates swiftly. 

We end up a few feet away from a gas station. Crouching and waiting next to him, we wait. It doesn't take several minutes before two trucks carrying motorcycles in their trunks pull through. The passenger and driver of the second truck fill up their tank before heading inside the store for snacks or a bathroom break. The driver and passenger in the first truck get out to stretch their legs and fill up their gas. 

I am too busy scoping out the scene before I notice Dante's absence. I get up and rush on over to help him but he's already got it covered. Dante quickly hides behind the trunk and chokes the passenger to sleep when the guy walks around the truck. He gently puts him to the side of the truck. 

"Ricardo?" The driver looks around for his friend. Dante pops up and slams him with one straight punch. The guy crumples and falls. This all happens in a couple minutes. Dante throws me the keys as I unlock the chains from the bikes. The bikes are both for a grown adult, but I adjust it a little. 

I whistle in appreciation when I see it's a sleek, but dust covered Ducati. These babies are a sweet find. Putting the key into ignition, my body shakes in excitement with the rum of the engine. 

"Hey!" A shot is fired and I duck immediately. Looking at the store, I see the two other men discover our theft. 

"Time to go." Dante and I look at each other before we both slash their tires. Glancing back, I see them run to their cars and start their engines before they realize their tires are flat. There's a part of me that feels bad, but I'm too busy paying attention to my sick ride. 

Dante revs his engines at me and shoots out ahead of me. Oh no you don't. My competitiveness ignites as I try to outrace him. We aren't that far from the meeting area, but might as well have fun going for it. 

I wave teasingly as I soon catch up to Dante and ride past him as I leave him in a trail of dust. As I soon familiarize myself with the motorcycle, I start adjusting my weapons so I am fully loaded and ready to fire at the second's notice.